The Path to 9/11 ABC movie

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://abc.go.com/movies/thepathto911/index.html
    http://patterico.com/2006/08/31/5065/the-path-to-911-the-real-deal-from-abc-networks/
    http://www.cinemablend.com/television/ABC-Takes-Us-Down-The-Path-To-9-11-449.html
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=24042
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212743,00.html

I can't wait to see this movie.
    Everybody knows Clinton dropped the ball for the most part on terrorism.
    The Bush administration also gets some blame for their failures.
    The bottomline for myself, our government no matter which party is in office has too much red tape to function effectively.
    This is based by the bipartison 9/11 comission report.

I've been watching a lot of shows on 9/11, saw some on discovery times
    and read article on how the government, EPA and Bush administration has
    dropped the ball on the rescue workers of 9/11 that have became ill because of toxins at ground zero.
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/05/24/suits_link_ground_zero_toxins_illnesses/

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The Clinton supporters certainly aren't happy with this movie. How dare ABC lay some of the blame at his feet.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The movie is getting very heavy criticism for attempting to re-write history. Adding dialog to a "docudrama" to improve the flow of the story is standard Hollywood procedure, but the producers here are taking liberties with the truth which is improper in a movie that is trying to represent history. Portraying real historical figures as doing and saying things that are not what they actually said and did is major dishonesty. They have to work with the actual historical record to maintain any credibility.

Or they need to change the names, dates, and locations, and make a purely fictional movie.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

The inaccuracies are purely a result of this being hollywoodized. I don't like them making up stuff, but I am VERY happy about the message:

Clinton deserves a good amount of the blame for not doing enough during his TWO terms in this area.

The problem is that pre 9/11 we were a re-actionary country. Now, we are pre-emptive and I love it.

After the original bombing of the WTC, the USA should have started hunting him then. Not 10 years later after he bombed us AGAIN.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I think the criticism of the Dems over this is ridiculous. We should not be supporting a movie that makes information up about one of the worst days in American history. Does Clinton deserve some of the blame? Yes probably but I'm not going to make crap up just so I can say Clinton is more to blame than Bush.

I'm glad ABC didn't pull the miniseries but I'm also glad that they edited it to make it more factual.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The only people re-writing history is the Clinton Administration such as Sandy
    Burger putting documents in his clothes.
    Seriously, I would love to know what kind of documents he stole and then
    added.

I know Red will say Clinton is perfect and didn't do anything wrong and its
    all Bush's fault even though we were attacked at the WTC in 1993.
    There is plenty of evidence to dispute the Clinton Administrations claim that
    having OBL surrounded and giving orders not to take him out never happened.
    They say they were never that close.

Bottomline Is I do blame Bush, he took the long term strategy but he was also
    in office for 8 months and hadn't filled all his cabinet positions yet.

But there can be no dispute that Clinton had 8 years and didn't take care of
    business, their lack of credibility is what seems to be the real issue here.
    What a legacy Clinton left behind.

7. MCab

MCab Founding Member

Agree. Bush inherited a gutted intelligence/security system. It'll take more than 8 months to fix that.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

But, I like what they did because it is saying "hey, wait a minute, let's not forget who spent 8 years in office being very soft against the bad boys of the middle east."

You cannot avoid the topic of 9/11 just because it was one of the worst days of American History.

9. red55

There is plenty of dispute. Lack of credibility is what is revealed when the producers of this film have to make up historical scenes that did not happen to make the Clinton aides look bad. Fortunately there is the real 9/11 Commission report for history to read and the testimony from the participants to refute it. Unfortunately the usual bozos will only see the fictionalized movie and take it for the truth. "JFK" all over again.

Rush Limbaugh said it best when he praised his good friend, the conservative screenwriter, for "crafting" an indictment of Clinton's top officials. This is what it was all about and timed shrewdly with the elections coming up.

10. red55

Evidence?