The positive thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by areed7, Oct 25, 2008.

1. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

1. Losses to UF and UGA were not surprises (though the horrible defensive playcalling was.
    2. Our realistic preseason goals are still in front of us if bama loses tonight. Geaux Tennessee.
    Well.. maybe this thread isn't all that positive. Because that's all I could come up with.

2. prozackk69

prozackk69 Founding Member

good news to me-
    florida gets great recruits even though they lose 4 games

even better news- any recruit that has the attitude of wanting to switch from lsu to another school has a loser attitude

i want people in that believe they can contribute to a team when they lose not a team they can just ride along for the national championship

we were a 2 loss national championship team last year but it doesnt help that our two losses count for 100 plus points

3. MoneyTiger

MoneyTiger Founding Member

1. I'm positive I'm completely depressed.
    2. I'm positive my weekend is ruint.
    3. I'm positive my family better get the eff away from me tonight.
    4. I'm positive that I'm positive about these things.

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

The " Hat" must be on crooked, backwards, upside down???

5. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

i am positive that matthew stafford is not overrated.

i am positive that our quarterbacks will play better as the season progresses and will play much better next year.

i am positive that the problems with our defense are being addressed by CLM and will continue to be addressed by CLM whether it's the coord's or the team or both; and this aspect of the Tiger team will also improve.

i am positive that this is a rebuilding year (how not with all the lost playmakers from last year), and that our time in the forefront of the nation's minds is not over yet. there are ups and downs to building a dynasty. LSU football shall continue to rise in the coming years.

i am positive that tulane players really wish we hadn't lost tonight (or they will be wishing it by 10 pm next saturday night)

i am positive that i bleed purple and gold; that LSU football flows through my veinsl; that Tiger spirit inhabits my soul; that something about that team, that stadium, and that university will forever hold a place in my heart; and that nothing - not a loss, not 12 losses, not even a dismantling of the very game of football - can ever even begin to change that.

GEAUX TIGERS!

for the love of LSU and the TIGERS:

Where stately oaks and broad magnolias
    shade inspiring halls,
    There stands our dear Old Alma Mater
    who to us recalls
    Fond memories that waken in our hearts
    a tender glow,
    And make us happy for the love
    that we have learned to know.

All hail to thee our Alma Mater,
    molder of mankind,
    May greater glory, love unending
    be forever thine.
    Our worth in life will be thy worth
    we pray to keep it true,
    And may thy spirit live in us,
    FOREVER L-S-U!

1 person likes this.
  6. iTiger

iTiger Freshman

It's easy to be positive. The Tigers are the reigning national champions, and the reason they're down this year is the very reason that at least one other SEC power will be down next year, if not two or more. Combine that with another crystal trophy in the last five years, back-to-back-to-back top recruiting classes with another one primed to follow, and there's no reason to be negative.

I'm disappointed to lose a football game, but that's it.

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Thanks for posting a positive thread. I was going to start one.

When I found out we would be starting a freshman qb, I did not expect to win the SEC. Of course when we beat AU, I drank the kool aide too, thinking that they were a good team, and we were a top 10. AU is not a good team. THEY have program problems, not us.

We have played 2 good top ten teams, and lost badly. This does not mean we are a bad team. It just means we are not a top ten team this year. The progam is not in trouble. We are having a great recruiting year so far, and everything points to it continuing. I expect 4 five star players and at least 14 four stars, (rivals now has us with 2 five stars and 11 fours).

To those who think this loss will have all of our recruits jumping ship, just look at Bama last year. They ended the year in a downward spiral and still had an awesome class.

Yes, we will probably lose another game. I would guess that we will split with Bama and Ole Miss, and win in a minor bowl. This would give us a 10-3 season.

Isn't it great to be a fan when the down years are 3 loss seasons? We need to all remember this is a game, played by very young men, and the competition is very good!

Keep the faith Tiger Fans! We have 2 crystals, and the future is bright! The team is loaded with young talent that will continue to improve. Let's support them, and enjoy this incredible decade of Tiger Football!

I love LSU! GEAUX TIGERS!

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Anyone that chooses a football game over their family is an utter and complete moron. Maybe they're positive they'd be better off without you.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I'm positive you're high.

1 person likes this.
  10. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

I would think he was being a little bit sarcastic about his family. As far as a positive thing to say, Jarrett Lee only threw 2 interceptions for touchdowns. Not nearly as bad a the 3 Auburn returned in the 4th quarter when Jamie Howard was the quarterback.
    Today was as if Georgia was tapping our phone lines and knew exactly what we were going to do on every defensive call.
    So much for the co-defensive co-ords. Now that wasn't very positive was it?
    Again, how did we really expect this team to be that good after losing Matt Flynn, Hester, Dorsey,Steltz,Zenon,Highsmith and so on? I think we were kidding ourselves

Sorry for not totally being positive. We still love our Tigers.