The rumor is Marshall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Mar 1, 2004.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I cannot confirm or deny this, but a few people are posting to watch the news for the announcement. The latest schedule I have seen for Marshall only has 9 teams scheduled. They apparently have Georgia scheduled also.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Does the MAC only play 7 conference games? That seems odd to me.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Didn't Marshall just break it off in us last year? If I was in the AD office I would schedule South Eastern before I would schedule Marshall and I am a big supporter of better non conference games.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Yes, Marshall dumped us to take an ESPN Thurs. night game instead (vs. Tulsa, I think).

Anyways, I guess I'm just a lone voice here in saying we should hold UH to this deal---or, at the very least, force them to pay us the $175K buyout amount.

Whomever we get to replace UH will hurt LSU since it'll be a team from a non-LSU recruiting base region. The more exposure we get where we recruit heavily, the better.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The way I understand the deal is IF we find someone else to play Houston gets out of the deal with no penalty. If we don't find someone to play Houston has said they will play. They do however have the option to just drop us without a replacement and pay the $175,000 but unlike the classless VT hoochies they have said they will not do that to us. This is not like what Marshall and VT did us at all.:geaux: :lsug:

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

what is Houston getting out of playing OU...that its not getting out of LSU?

maybe trying to sneak in to the Big XII?

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Not playing Houston won't hurt us in recruiting ... at least not since Saban arrived, as well as winning the NC last year.

That's now a moot point...

8. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

Houston is playing OU because OU is telling them at some point they will make a return trip to Houston. They would probably play them at Reliant. As long as we get a good replacement game, I'm not too upset with Houston.

9. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

While Marshall only has 9 games left, they do have Ohio St scheduled for 9/11 (our date against Houston). I guess it's possible we could hook up on another date, but I don't know.

10. UPTiger

UPTiger Freshman

Several seem to think we are above dropping teams from our schedule. Maybe we need to remember what we did to Texas A&M a few years ago with 2 years left on the contract. To this day the administration at A&M wants nothing to do with LSU. They used to publicly say it. The new admin. says it is because they do not want us in their recruiting base. It is a shame because the Aggies were fun to play. I try to remember what we did when I get ticked at VT et al.