The SEC goes to 25 scholarships

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tboy, Jun 5, 2011.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

The fact that we are going from 28 to 25 doesn't bother me, but does it give the SEC a competitive disadvantage? Are any other conferences able to basically over sign? I think there should be an NCAA rule that every team in college football follows with no wiggle room.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yes it does and pretty dumb rule IMO. I agree with Saban.

We will just see coaches finding others ways around it with more greyshirts and counting back.

3. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Why did the presidents vote to do this when all the coaches (I guess) were against it? What advantage is there?

And on another topic, why such a limit on baseball. Basketball is allowed more scholarships than baseball, right? Like 12.0 to 11.7? And baseball requires more players on the roster.

Odd to me it seems.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

PR

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, that would just be too logical. If they did that, then they may have to require all conferences to either have a conference champ. game, or not. Then, that may lead to actual playoffs, and then, wait for it, an actual national championship game decided by teams who won the playoff games. Then chaos would ensue. So, in an effort to avoid the inevitable chaos, nothing will change. The NCAA is really just looking out for all of us.

6. McFroggin

McFroggin Freshman

It can't help.