The SEC got screwed....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Goodlifetiger, Nov 17, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Guess I will start slinging the $#!+ back now!

The SWC was falling apart because the member schools were stabbing each other in the back because they all wanted to knock each other out! It may have started before the DP hit SMU, but the two situations had a co-cause/co-effect relationship. You think the DP is the only way to fix things, sounds to me like you just don't like Bama and that dislike is strong enough that it is more important than your own love of your team.

;) I say the DP at Bama will have three direct results: 1.) LSU will no longer have one of its traditional losses every year (OUCH! Had to say it since nobody here is mincing words anymore!) ;) 2.) The entire SEC's revenues will be down significantly from the reduced TV exposure, licensing, and other income sources, which will in turn reduce funding fro programs which will impact recruiting, etc. ;) 3.)Hundreds of thousands of angry and bored (with no football team to follow religiously anymore) Bama fans will destory the entire SEC by stabbing other schools in the back, getting payback, and helping them cheat and get caught. ;)

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Once upon a time there was a gentlemans agreement among the coaches to settle some of these recruitment disagreements among themselves. It seems that when Fullmer and Spurrier entered the SEC arena things changed. Georgia ratted out Tennessee, Tennessee ratted out Alabama, So. Carolina ratted out Tennessee, Georgia ratted out Florida, Alabama ratted out Arkansas, and on and on and on. The NCAA is visiting every campus in the SEC, well maybe not Vandy, because we keep on and on and on. That is exactly what happened to the SWC. They kept ratting on each other till the antimosity got so huge they couldn't get along. Why the hell can't you people let what happened 3 years ago die. We are the ones being punished. I am convinced its just because we beat you like a drum you want to cry. It's a sorry fan that takes that road. You can ask the Georgia fans if we pulled that crap after they beat us, or the Sooner fans.
    Your damned right I don't see how Alabama ALONE has hurt the SEC with our sanctions. The SEC as a whole is hurting the SEC and LSU included. Learn to be a good sport, get over it and beat the Rebs and Hawgs. Then go to Atlanta and win your first back to back SEC in 66 years.

3. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I guess since we've ruined the whole SEC by winning this year while on probabtion, next year we'll have to lay down and lose all of our games so everyone else can be happy!

Maybe instead of pointing the finger at us for our sins of the past and winning in the present, you should focus on making sure you are ready to play whoever is next on your schedule whether they're cheaters or not!

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

If the ncaa come back for a visit you may not be around next year.
    And I am sure that there is no class in bama after watching your coach at the end of the game. Also I a sure that ya'll would like for all this to go away, but I doubt it will.

5. bayoutider

And after listening to all the crying here, i am convinced there is little class here too. It's obvious you can't take your beating like a man. 31-0 against the #1 defense in the nation. You are right, it won't go away, we will be back to give you another dose next year. I tried to be civil with you people but you show no respect or common sense. Good day to you.

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Traditional loss?

Since when has Bama been a traditional loss for us? The series bounces back and forth. Maybe in the days of the Bear but that's 20 years ago. I guess you forget that we've beaten yall 2 out of the last 3 years, and basically the 10 years before that the series bounced back and forth.

7. Goodlifetiger

Nothing to do with beating just the cheating. Good day to you too.

8. bayoutider

Re: Traditional loss?

1992 31-11 Bama
    1993 13-17 LSU
    1994 35-17 Bama
    1995 10-3 Bama
    1996 26-0 Bama
    1997 0-27 LSU
    1998 22-16 Bama
    1999 23-17 Bama
    2000 28-30 LSU
    2001 21-35 LSU
    2002 31-0 Bama

We have beat you 3 out of the last 5 and 4 out of the last 7 and 6 out of the last 9, whatever makes you feel good. We are even over the last 2. And we won the last ONE.

43-18-5 all time,

9. Goodlifetiger

Have a good time in the islands.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The ONLY ones that matter

Are the last one and the next one.