The Stand-Up Comedy Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BigWee_TEAMKATT, Jan 28, 2008.

1. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I am pretty sure you are talking about Delirious, Raw was about white guys not being able to dance and gay guys on he top of police cars...wooo hooo Pull over, pull over, let me frisk you!!!

Another one of my favorite lines!!!

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yes, Dane Cook does suck. He's a joke thief, just like Carlos Mencia. He even thieves jokes from one of my favorite comedians, Louis CK. Joe Rogan is also quite hilarious. Most people don't know that he does stand up, but it was what originally got him into show business in the first place. He's actually very intelligent and brutally funny. Those are two of my favorites right now. Mitch Hedberg (RIP) was as well. And for those of you who liked Mitch, check out Dmitri Martin. He has a very similar style to Mitch and is very, very funny.

2 people like this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I took my wife one time to see one of those hypnotist comedians and she got to go onstage. I know it was one of those 'had to be there' moments, but it was hilarious. He had her walking around in the audience singing 'Like a Virgin' and acting very provocative. My wife is a very reserved Catholic girl in public and to see her acting like that was hilarious. He even threw me a bone by suggesting to her when he counted to 3 and woke up, she would be very (in the mood). Luckily that was the end of the show because she insisted that we leave as soon as she got back to the table. :wave: :shock: :grin:

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Louis CK is a total riot.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I saw Rogan in 2001 and didn't know who he was. His routine about Anna Nicole Smith and then about tigers making love in the wild....I nearly had an aneurysm laughing so hard.

Louis C.K. is damn funny too.

For more cerebreal comics I like Patton Oswalt, but nobody beats out Dennis Miller. Except everyone else doing Monday Night Football...:grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I would like this guys tour schedule!:rofl:

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeah, I'm a loyal fan after that. If it weren't for the kids, I'd be like Dead Heads or Spread Heads following him from place to place while he was touring.

8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

A lot of the ones I liked aren't around anymore. Used to love Carlin, but he's gotten so damn political and full of venom, well he's just not funny to me anymore. Loved Eddy Murphy:thumb: Jerry Clower was funny as hell and SK...both gone now. As of late, other than catching a few now and then on TV, I'm not really up-to-date so much on the new guys. Funniest I ever saw live was Bill Cosby when he came through NOLA. Thought I was gonna bust a gut!! I remember there was a "comedienne" used to do stand up on HBO a few years back. Funny as chit, but don't remember her name?:huh:

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dmitri Martin is freakin' hilarious!

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

good thread wee, i'm a huge fan of standup.

that bob marley guy can also be seen as the bumbling cop on the highly underrated flick "boondock saints".

many of you have mentioned a few of my faves.

love dmitri martin, louis ck, and daniel tosh. jim norton too. john caparulo is awesome. brian regan, stephen lynch (saw him live), chris porter was funny live as well, dave atell, mitch hedberg, brian posehn, patton oswalt, doug benson, zack galifinakis, jay mohr, nick dipaulo and more i can't think of.

just saw doug stanhope's showtime special, it was awesomingly wrong. that dude will not live another 5 years.

totally agree with whover said greg giraldo. he is consistently funnier than many of the other roasters and yet he still goes on first on those things. his standup is great.

not a big redneck comedy fan but ron white and rodney carrington are pretty funny dudes. white's delivery is A+.

thanks to jr high, i can pretty much recite any sam kinison or andrew dice clay set from memory.