The True Story of GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Nov 17, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

We have all heard the old story (joke) about God's mansion concerning the LSU and Ole Miss football coach. If not this is how the story goes;

The Ole Miss football coach is in heaven talking to God, getting the tour. After a while God shows the rebel coach his home, a nice 3 bedroom with central heat and air, nice landscape, and even a pool. The rebel coach, in typical Ole Miss fashion, notices a huge mansion on top of the hill decked out with huge LSU flags and the sounds of the Golden Band from Tigerland blarring out of every window, and door. This, of course, upsets the rebel head coach and he asks God why the LSU guy gets a mansion, and I only get a 3 bedroom house? God chuckels for a moment, and then tells the rebel coach that is not the LSU coaches' house, it's His house.

As Paul Harvey would say, this is the rest of the story.................

The Ole Miss coach couldn't stand it. After being LSU's bitch for as long as he was alive, he told God he nor any other Ole Miss fan could spend eternity having to look up the hill, and see that everyday, and therefore he would rather spend eternity in hell.

Well......as fate would have it, God did just that. On judgement day when we ,the Tiger Nation, will be on the escalator going to heaven to meet our maker, there will be a clad of purple and gold, led by the Golden Band from Tigerland in unison shouting Tiger bait!! Tiger bait!! Tiger bait! And then a sea of blue and red going down the eslcalator to see the devil. The last thing their little rebel ears will ever hear.............

GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS, GEAUX TO HELL!!

THE END.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to saltyone again.

I wander what the real origin is.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Beats me, this version works fine for me though.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I believe it was soemthing during the Dietzel era. To pump up his players the week before we played Ole Miss. I read (I'll have to get back to you with the specifics--I believe I read it in my book, "Tales from the LSU Sideline") that Dietzel had leaflets dropped from a plane onto the LSU campus that read: "Go to Hell LSU", blamed it on Ole Miss to pump up his players....I'm pretty sure it worked and the LSU students and players adopted that "Go To Hell" and added "Ole Miss".

Like I said, I can't specifically say WHERE I read it (I'm at work right now), but I'll try to locate it when I get home (gotta find my book though)...

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

This chant started in the student body in the late sixties (Manning era) and became increasingly popular throughout the seventies, with thousands chiming in ... besides the student body ... Now, the entire stadium 75%+ rocks with the chant ... but, many good Christians still listen and just laugh.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This good Christian will tell Ole' Myth to Geaux to hell in a heartbeat. I'm sure God hates Ole' Miss as much as we do.

7. Lsuphotoguy

Lsuphotoguy Founding Member

Thats Gold man!!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

That is a sweet story. Anyone seen the guys chant GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS whenever the Golden Band from TigerLand march down Victory Hill? They always huddle up, talk for a few seconds, and start chanting it. It's pretty cool. They've been doing it for a few years now.

9. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

I remember the "Go To Hell Ole Miss" banners planted all over LSU's
    campus in the early 60's, but the chant "Go To Hell Ole Miss, Go to
    Hell!" probably did start in the late 60's, b4 then "Hell" was considered
    a dirty word that only sinners and preachers could use!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:geauxtige :geauxtige

tigerb8

10. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

The chant definatly started in 1958.