The ULM game in TS is what...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Nov 14, 2010.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Boise State and TCU play every week. Oregon is not that far from it, either. We would get major criticism for it. Yet, those teams sit at the top of the polls. Travesty.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jester

Jester Founding Member

Yeah, was talking to my dad about that last night when we were leaving the game.

He said....."playing Boise or TCU in the Natl Champ game, I'd be worried. They are the type of team that can get "up" for a game and really put it to you, and with a month to plan, they could potentially beat most anyone, BUT they don't have to get up week in and week out to play teams that could potentially whip their ass EVERY SINGLE WEEK."

He said....."I'd like to see TCU or Boise play the 7 worst teams in the SEC.......lets say Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi State........and then come in and play LSU, Bama, or Auburn a week later. They, and for that matter, Oregon, Stanford, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and many other "top" teams couldn't do it either.

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Precisely, it's not that Boise could never beat an SEC team. It's that they don't have to do it week after week. I'm sick of adoration for these teams. I have never been a believer and remain unconvinced of their prowess.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

You guys dont really believe this do you?

I mean there is no doubt the SEC is the toughest, but ULM would be the worst team on either of their schedules.

The parity in CFB is much greater than most SEC fans want to believe.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Lets take a look at the power rankings for the meat of Boise's Schedule:
    As of 11/8/2010.

Wyoming - 105
    New Mexico State - 116
    Toledo - 75
    San Jose State - 117
    Louisiana Tech - 74
    Idaho - 102
    Utah State - 98

That's an average of 98. ULM's power ranking in 107. So yeah I would say that's about the level of competition that they play most of the year.

Interesting how an LSU team that could barely put points on the board all season could suddenly blow out a team 51-0. That's because it's all about level of competition. The number one indicator of how good a team is is how they perform against the top competition.

2 people like this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Look at Boise State's schedule. I am not pumping the SEC. But, just compare them. There is no comparison. I guess we could claim more had we played Toledo istead of ULM. Do YOU really believe that Boise State would go undefeated in the SEC this year. They struggled against VT. Fine, they won. Then they got back to clubbing baby seals and the 50 point margins in their own conference. I think it's beside the point whether LSU would even beat Boise State in a single game. However, put Boise against Bama, Auburn, LSU, and Florida back to back. See if they remain undefeated and continue to carry these massive margins. I simply don't believe it.

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I dont think they could go undefeated in the SEC. Hell the few past national champions couldnt go undefeated in the SEC.

To say they are not good teams is crazy.

They could easily compete in every game in the SEC. Would they win 50-0 every week? no, but they could definitely compete.

The other thing is they do it with a team full of 2 and 3 star recruits every year. If they were in the SEC they would also have better players, so who knows what they would do.

8. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

They're playing against teams that don't even have star recruits.

Besides, do you really think a recruit, even if Boise was in the SEC, would make the transfer from, say, Texas or Louisiana or Florida to Idaho? It's not like Boise St. would suddenly receive their choice of pickings because they were in the SEC...they are still based in Idaho and aren't taken seriously because of their retarded, blue field.

They bring it on themselves, if they want to be taken seriously then start acting like you want to be brought into an elite conference.

9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

My high school team was a great team. Boy, if they had college recruits, it's unimaginealbe what they could do. Good team or not...they skate for the entire year. Could they compete. You actually kind of make my point when you say they would not win 50-0 every week. That's what they do now, because they are never challenged. 2-3 star recruits fit well in their conference. Coach is very good. Lots of good coaches. I'm just tired of the scenario where...LSU is playing #3 in the country, Auburn is playing #5, Alabama is playing #12, and Florida is playing #10. Oh, Boise State, playing New Mexico State. C'mon.

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

If Boise and LSU switched conferences this year, I think they would be in the exact same position as we are right now.