The Uneasiness That is Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Nov 28, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think a huge part of the many anti-Les fans in spite of the 10-1 record is due to a few things:

1. He can't ever really complete a sentence.

2. He doesn't ever really say anything of substance within these broken sentences when they finally do come out.

3. He never seems to even know what question is asked when he attempts to answer.

I think the above give nothing for the fanbase to put any stock in when it comes to any questions they have about the program or anything else. I think if Les was actually able to communicate a tad better and actually come across with his football knowledge then people would be more assured that he knows what he's doing and wins and losses wouldnt be the only way to judge him.

As it stands, he comes across as confused and uninformed. While he definitely has to have more football knowledge than he displays, its obvious his lack of ability to relate any of this is a big reason for his detractors.

Maybe he's a football genius, I don't know. After a year of watching him on the sidelines I'd say no but defiinitely still have no idea what he knows or where our program stands with him in the future. that's why the jury will always be out it seems.

after having a great defensive mind in napolean bona-saban, it was easy to conclude he knew x's and o's inside and out and forgot more football before he woke up than we ever knew. this gave many a confidence in spite of games where we performed below expectations. he demanded excellence and dominance even if he didn't get it, you knew it would be addressed and taught.

im ecstatic with the 10 wins in a row and im happy where our program stands currently though I think the seemingly unrest of fans is due to those reasons. dude just comes across as weird which leads to everyone questioning everything in spite of winning.

as long as he keeps winning, he can sound like forrest gump as far as I care but im afraid once we experience a few losses all this uneasiness of fans could turn ugly. Make that uglier. He's won 10 freaking games and people are forever bitching.

i dunno, it just seems a like a no-win situation for him and I dont think there's any way around it outside of winning 10 straight NC's. at first i thought it was the noisy minority making noise but now im not so sure. hopefully it is.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It sounds like he's carefully choosing his words, either to avoid putting out bulletin board material or to keep from antagonizing the vocal minority of coach bashers. I imagine he'll get more comfortable as time goes on. At OSU, he was talking to redneck DJs from the sticks. Now he's having to field calls from national media. It apparently doesn't come natural to him but he'll grow into it.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I just think he needs to stomp on his cap a couple of times... then put it on.
    ... or at least reshape the bill once or twice.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think that's a big part of it. It's not quite as bad as you make it sound though. He is very close to the vest with information on our players & plays, which makes it seem like he isn't giving much substance. He also tries to give vague answers sometimes to avoid giving out info, which might appear like he didn't listen to the question. Add that into the fact that he isn't a very good public speaker & it doesn't look very good.

The other thing was that Miles wasn't a "big name" hire. He wasn't who everybody wanted. Nobody knew much about him. A lot of people felt like the administration settled for him & thus made preconceived notions about his lack of abilities.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

if Pellini calls the Defenses... and Jimbo (mostly) calls the Offense... what exactly is Les Miles roll on the staff? Glorified OLine coach ?

Edit to add: i think Les Miles is kind of like the Queen of England, has veto power, but rarely uses it. There for show mostly.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

When you have a cap all stiff and starchy like that, women think you're not good in bed.

7. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Should he wear a visor? :cry:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats not it and its not a speech impediment as someone implied. its some emotional thing with him where he gets all worked up it seems. he did it at okie state as well during interviews. its just how he is and its not gonna change.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So what do you keep complaining about?

10. carsonin98

carsonin98 Founding Member

And I wanted to reply to this thread with honesty and humility but after this I can't stop freakin laughing. Oh my god that is funny!