The USC hysteria continues

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChineseBandit, Dec 7, 2003.

1. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

http://www.msnbc.com/news/1001990.asp?0cb=-31h109684

This guy has gone over the edge. Can't you just see him sitting there at his keyboard fuming while he typed, pulling out his hair and kicking his dog. All the old USC vs LSU arguments that completly ignore the tough teams LSU has played and the tough teams that USC hasn't. The best they can do is call LSU "cowards" for the out of conference schedule, ignoring completlely that that's not the OOCS that LSU planned at all. It's so pathetic it's funny. Nothing but the temper tantrum of a child. Now, if he wanted to vent about OU losing horribly near the end and not deserving a Sugar, then ok. But no, he rehashes the old LSU stuff. Note this guy is a "freelance writer in Los Angeles."

Go Michigan!

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

This article isn't that bad. This guy keeps repeating that he thinks LSU should be in there. I think he thinks that USC should be in over OU, which they should...

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you missed this...

And before all the Cajuns start ragin’, let me say that Louisiana State University has a splendid team and should be a solid No. 2. Nick Saban is a near-genius (I don’t like to bestow the full honor on any coach of any sport). The Tigers have a punishing defense and an effective offense

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Temper tantrums on the west coast? Nah, never. Unfortunately, it's a way of life out here. It's disgusting. No class, no humility, everything is me, me, me.

5. ChineseBandit

C'mon he says ...

and...

He mentions wanting to see LSU vs USC in passing, then goes on to bash LSU and the SEC.

6. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

That dude's picture looks like something you'd see on the national sex-offender register...

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Just not thier year
    :)

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

And how many points did they surrender to the 7-5 OSU Beavers? Yeah, they're effective at stuffing the other team's offense...gimme a freakin' break. He's a freelance homer from Los Angeles.

9. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Well, this is a little unfair. All week SC was ready to jump at the chance to argue how SC deserved it more than LSU. They had all their points of debate ready to fire off . . . LSU played a weak OOC schedule, LSU played an over-rated SEC schedule, SC was ranked higher all year, SC has the best offense on the planet, etc.

But after one of the craziest weekends in college football history, SC finds itself having to debate with OU. They didn't think this would happen. So, this guy is just confused. He really doesn't know what to do. So in the face of complete confusion, he goes with Plan A . . . the one he had all ready to go on Friday afternoon. He is probably an SC fan who degraded the LSU email campaign this week, and now he finds himself in the same situation.

All that said, I feel SC should be LSU's opponent in the Sugar. And we will know in a few hours if the conference presidents step in and settle this away from the computers, or if the BCS will be allowed to have #2 play #3 for the NC.

But what does all of this teach us. Ore feels they got screwed by a Big 12 team that didn't win it's conference a few years ago. This year they will be screwed by a Big 12 team who lost it's conference title game on the field (in a lopsided loss to the #15 team in the country). All of this tells me the PAC 10 is weak and voters are slightly biased toward over ranking PAC 10 teams. The BCS was created to give us the top two teams, without bias towards conference location, time of the year you got your loss, and to take into account the actual strength of your schedule. For some reason the PAC 10 doesn't live up to the standards, it's just a very weak conference when compared to the Big 12 and SEC.

10. ChineseBandit

Freelance writer in Los Angeles = Homeless bum with a can of spray paint.