News Theory on why Democrats are quitting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I have a theory why Democrats are quitting and I would like to run the idea past some of you.

My thought is the Democrats don't want to get the blame when push comes to shove, when they reach the point that they have to make hard decisions due to the economy and the debt.
    I believe it is better for the Democrat party as a whole, to give up power in the short term, let Republicans take over and make those hard decisions.
    The Democrats could then run against the Republicans in 4 to 6 years after that blaming them for cutting services.

Just a thought that came to mind.:popcorn:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Some folks are quitting because:

a.) They don't want to get beat in an election and lose face, or
    b.) They are genuinely disenchanted with the unusually high level of political theater (and lack of rational thought) that goes on in Congress these days, or
    c.) There are easier ways to make money and have no measurable positive impact on anyone's life but your own, or
    d.) They don't want to get beat in an election and lose face.

These folks are not wired to take one for the party...

Here's another theory - our system of government inherently values gridlock and chafes at activism. So one party just cannot hold onto all power for very long. Just not in "the blood".

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

:thumb:

The writing is on the wall. When you have stalwarts like Evan Bayh bailing, its pretty obvious.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

because they suck. He quit because of partisanship or so he says, but the only partisanship is coming from their side. I am willing to be if they at least listened to what the republicans had to say they could make some progress. The Republicans are the party of No, and the democrats are the party of No-thing.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

or because they want to make money with a book tour and speaking at the tea bagging meetings.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Why would Dems be speaking at Repub's teabag meetings? :huh: