There's that "non-stop motor" of David Pollack again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Aug 18, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pollack is gonna be "Neutralized" against LSU

There won't be any BANG ... just a whimper or two when Nate Livings manhandles him

What on earth ... besides "HOPE" & "HYPE" ... does a cool hand luke like you have?

The same thing you had last year Buford ... and what'd I tell you then ...

some old dawgs never learn new tricks :dis:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You always counter the "Pollack is overrated" posts with "yeah but he's an all american". Actually, you are making our point. He's been pre season AA or POY ever since his Freshman year. Now, we all know that if you can get through the season without a limb falling off, the media will self fulfill their prognostications. It's being pre season all everything that makes him overhyped and it's the post season awards that make him overrated. We've all seen Pollack in big games against quality opposition and he's never measured up. If you want to jack him up, go to a Dawg board.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I think they want to do more than jack him ~U~P~ :hihi:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:grin: :grin: :grin:

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I like to see other SEC players do great things, it makes the conference look better. However it would definitely be a suprise if Pollack did anything to suprise me, I just don't see it.:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

6. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

No reason to do that at a Dawg board. He isn't the topic of every other conversation on Dawg boards like he is here.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no need to, too much freaking press to read to have time to. or to hear the talking heads on tv. just so much time in the day for pollackitis.

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Well no, he was not an AA or POY his freshman year because no one had heard of him before 2002 started.

You say its the pre-season stuff yet he backs up the pre-season stats with post-season awards from both the coaches and media yet the media "doesn't know anything" and the coaches "don't see all the games" so in reality, I guess all AA awards are pointless then...right?

The amount of contradictions thrown out with Pollack from certain posters, not really the site because a lot of people are just kidding, is amazing...cajdav has already thrown it out on the board and no one wanted to realize it.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm sorry, where in there did you answer the issue at hand? You are still justifying that he's not overrated, by stating how highly he's rated...

That would be like saying Oklahoma's not overrated because they're voted #2 or saying USC's not overrated because they're #1.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

What am I supposed to say then? People say he is over-rated....and I am asking how? Two All-American seasons....so why is it that people are so shocked when he is on a few covers or has some profiles on ESPN and other sites. The amount of Pollack topics is a bit odd to me.