Things never change...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JD, May 9, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

In 2000, Bush kicked off his presidential campaign in the home of the last bastion of segregation, Bob Jones University. He began his campain appealing to a den full of racists, who sully the name of Christ by calling themselves "christian".

Today, he's back in where he feels comfortable, south carolina again, giving a commencement address beneath the confederate flag

Republican party hasn't changed much.

The neo-confederacy hasn't advanced much beyond the original confederacy.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

C'mon JD......

William Bennett the "Bastion of Morality" or was that Dr Laura....

I love the HYPOCRISY.......

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Of course. Bush is a racist. And he's stupid, etc. etc. etc. You political southpaws really need to accept the fact that Bush is President, he's popular and he's going to be there for another term.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Care to comment about John Kerry's upcoming visit to Bob Jones University JD? He seems serious about it.

http://www.tnr.com/etc.mhtml?pid=357

I'll be expecting you to condemn Kerry just as vociferously if he does anything less than condemn The BJU folks to eternal damnation and flip the whole crowd the bird as he walks off stage. That of course, would be par for the course for liberals. Eschew the honey and bring on the vinegar.

Neo-confederacy huh? Boy, it just scares you to death, the prospect of black people actually stopping to think about voting instead of taking the "Democrats good, Republicans BAD" standard brainwashing hook, line, and sinker. You need to come up with some new catch phrases.

For the record, I don't agree with very much of anything coming out of Bob Jones University. But, hey, if the Radical Left can have Cal-Berkeley and a thousand other leftist looney-bins spewing their bile, the far right is entitled to have just one university to spew some of it's less than warm-and-fuzzy ideas. I put them all in the same category. Unfortunately, universities totally taken over by radical leftists (who hate just as much as the radical right, they just have PC-approved targets for their hate) are still considered "legitimate" while Bob Jones is cosidered "radical and rascist." Go figure.