Things to be concerned about...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

Why do we continue to cramp at the end of games?

JJ still makes unbelievably bad decisions (pick, intentional grounding)

Joe Alleva, IMO, continues to be a liability to the future success of this program.

Personally, I feel bad for CLM. You take away those two fumbles, and get any points in the second half the game is over. Add to that a fumble that wasn't a fumble and a botched call on the onside kick. It overshadows alot of the good we all felt in the 2nd Quarter, which makes the way we finished all the more frustrating. Bottom line: It was the first game, and this team can learn and grow from this much more than blowing out a patsy (which as fan I prefer :hihi:) I think we spank Vandy next week.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Anything else you want to change? Us not signing PP... :hihi:

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The fumbles were not the reason, if it were not this week it would have been next week. It's horrible offense, no chemistry, and it just looks like a bunch of individuals out there playing.

Now you could chalk up to just the 1st week if it were not for fact that it looked just like last year in the 1st and 2nd half.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Take 1 big play by Russell Shepard, and 1 big play by JJ to Randle away from the offense tonight and what did you have on offense?

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But take away 2 or 3 big plays by UNC, and we're not sitting her after midnight completely frustrated.

We can't take away our big plays while letting UNC keep theirs. Football is a game of big plays.

But it's also a game where time of possession is paramount. We can't seem to turn the corner on that particular battle lately.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

turn our missed fg into a make, and unc's last drive is irrelevant

i love when we start doing this after lsu games

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not talking about what they did, just frustrated LSU other than those 2 big plays, a couple of throws to Mitch Joseph, this offense looked horrible.

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'll put out a number and you tell me what it means.--> 3

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, that's a valid point, but we did, in fact, make those plays, just like UNC kept themselves from getting blown out with a couple of really improbable pass plays. It's all part of the game.

But for what it's worth, I'm not at all happy with the offense we fielded tonight.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

What really bugs me is yet again our team looks the less disciplined and capable. We look like the talented thoroughbreds who haven't a clue what to do with it. Our offense accomplished butkis aside from a few big plays and last year proved that wasn't enough. We've seen all this before and I'm confused where the optimism is coming from.