This lady grates my nerves

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBayouBengals, Dec 1, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

She might've come across as a little more credible if she hadn't flunked as many as 10 football players. It looked like she was singling them out as a group. It's a definite fact that there are professors on that campus who have a hard-on for athletes, and make no secret of it...one certain female history professor that I know of, who's been there forever comes to mind immediately.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

She cost us two scholarships for 2005. But with only 9 scholarship seniors leaving, we weren't going to be able to recruit 25 players anyway and stay under the 85-total limit.

No doubt we will lose a junior to the NFL, a couple will transfer and a couple will flunk out. But we still won't have a full recruiting class this year. Anybody done the math? How many will Nick sign? 18-20 maybe?

3. Dr. Torgo

Dr. Torgo Founding Member

How is it her fault that players plagiarised their papers?

As far as failing 10 athletes - I myself have taught college athletes before, and my guess is that they failed because they either didn't take the class seriously or simply didn't have the educational background to prepare them for college-level work.

Why are we not blaming the ones who cheated and blaming the person who reported them instead?

4. We took action and took it up with the NCAA, she damn sure didnt deserve a pay day out of it.

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Because this woman has no right to expect these guys to actually show up for class, do their own work, and pass with out help. What the hell does she think they are students???

I mean as long as LSU's football team wins and the graduation rates are up who cares if the university has any integrity. She should have kept her pie hole shut and let them float through life without accountability like everyone else. :dis: :dis:

6. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

wrong they basically flushed her career for blowing the whistle. That's why she got paid.

7. There is a huge difference between loosing a job and a career.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

She'll have a hard time finding a job at an SEC school, or any other school with a football program...Maybe she'll find employment at Zwolle?

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

DAM! They teach Female History at LSU now? I came along too soon! :hihi: