Those you think this LSU basketball team is too young

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Now that would be nice:D

LOL

The closest I'll come for the next 20 years is Madden.

The way our business is going you never know what may happen

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

All I know is this....

This team's back is against the wall. These final three games will decide whether or not we go to the Big Dance. Lloreda is out. He's not coming in to carry us. The other guys are just gonna have to step up.

Kentucky comes to our house tomorrow. Then two very winnable games with Ole Miss and Auburn are next. This team can either do one of two things: they can decide they don't want to go out this way, suck it up, play with as much pride and fury as they can muster, and fight like Tigers, or they can just call the season a total loss, fold up their tents and retreat, and just go through the motions for the rest of the regular season, the SEC Tourney, and the NIT game. If they choose the latter, let's just forfeit right now. Because I don't want it to be that way. There comes a time when strategy, coaching, and even physical talent doesn't matter anymore; it's a question of how bad you want it. I have to ask the basketball team; do you want to go to the Tourney? Do you want to be known as winners? Or do you just want to give up now? I don't care if Lloreda and everyone else is out, I don't care if we have to play Kentucky with their 61 SEC championships and 15 national championships, if you want to win, you will show up for that game and you will MAKE THEM PAY! And even if we lose, better to go down fighting than to meekly crawl away thoroughly whipped and humiliated.

I'll be there tomorrow, cheering our team to victory. But I swear to God, if I see anything less than 110% effort, if I see that this team and these coaches have given up and are just going through the motions, ready for it to be over, I will walk out that door before the 1st half is done.

You fight for us guys, and we'll fight for you. But if you give up on us, we'll give up on you.

The season is NOT OVER! There is still so much to play for. High seed in the Dance, the SEC Tourney, a fair shot at a national title in March.

Will the team and the fans give up and walk away now, with so much left to play for? If so, what a cryin' shame.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

good post. i think they play their asses off.