Three football questions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 25, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

1) When does CBS start announcing which games they will mess up for Saturday Night?

2) When will LSU notify people if they have road game tickets?

3) Was JP able to push their harebrained plan about picking first every thrid week past the AD's? (Make four questions, have the spring SEC meetings taken place?)

2. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

CBS announces a tentative schedule pretty far out, they just haven’t done it yet for this year. http://tennessee.scout.com/2/381582.html says that CBS has picked up 3 of Tennessee’s games. I’m guessing that means that CBS is working on the list. Last year they broadcast every game from the early schedule.

During the season CBS has 12 days before the game to officially make their selection. Twice per year, CBS gets to wait for 6 days instead of 12. I believe that twice per year ESPN gets to make the first selection. Maybe that’s a compromise for CBS getting to wait 6 days? In 2003 ESPN selected Auburn at LSU months before the game was played. I can’t think of any others off the top of my head, but I know there have been other early selections by ESPN.

Anyway, although CBS’s early tentative schedule is usually correct, the games aren’t official until 12 or 6 days before the games.

According to the away game order form “Due to the TAF away game priority point deadline of June 30th, notification for seating cannot be made until July 15th”.

The SEC meetings are next week in Destin. I didn’t hear that JP wanted to move up in the selection process for TV games. I don’t know when the existing contracts run out, but if JP ups the money I guess the SEC would consider it.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

CBS has always had first pick, and they can make changes at any time before 10 days of the game.