Thursday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Mar 15, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

UAB will press. LSU will break it. Bass will shoot lay ups. Big Baby will shoot lay ups. UAB will pack it in. Hudson will light them up. UAB will go man. Mitchell will have double-digit assists. LSU will hit numerous free-throws.

LSU will play man. UAB will jack 3's all night. UAB will pick up few turnovers. It will be to stunning that UAB won that many games with the talent they have.

LSU 87 UAB 71.

Player of the game: Xavier Whipple. Comes off the bench two minutes into the game, saving TOOC Minor.

CBS Stupid Comment Of The Game: "The altitude hasn't effected either team very much", or "Arizona will present a different look on Saturday".

2. BB

BB Founding Member

So you're saying that we will get to 87 points with only four players scoring? You are also saying that we will be better off trying to defeat a team that presses without our best press breaker in Tack?

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Never said that. We'll have at least 7 scorers. I liked how Xavier took over some leadership beginning with the 2nd half at Auburn.

UAB's press, just like all good ones, is beaten by passing the ball, not racing by someone. When someone tries to dribbling up court and the defense collapses, trouble ensues. That's how trapping presses operate. You beat it by passing around it until you have the numerical advantage to push it to the goal.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Have to agree with you here...I have NEVER worried about a press break with the ball in Minor's hands...The worries don't start till after he gets across the half court line ;-)

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If Lsu stays in a man to man I will be a little worried about UAB's forwards getting Big Baby in foul trouble with their quickness. Other than that LSU matches up very well with the Blazers. I wonder if the refs are going to be calling body fouls in the tourney or let them bang a little.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

maybe we should go zone d then. help our undersized guards on the perimeter and keep davis from having to guard someone 18 ft out. their best forward, eddins, shoots 3s well.

i think mcmikel is right on. we kill them because we handle the press and outrebound them by 15