Tide fans/media seeing easy win over LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gold Nugget, Nov 3, 2010.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, any thing closely resembling an offense and Bama is ripe for the picking this year. However the disaster that Miles/Crowton call an offense gives every team we play a leg up. Crowton is to LSU's offense what Tepper was to LSU's defense. I keep expecting to see a drop LB in the backfield on offense.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

One of the things that I look at in this matchup is the body of work it has taken each of these teams to get where they are. The media, Vegas, and a good portion of the public don't give the Tigers a chance. To this I don't really understand why. Yes, I understand we have some issues that make us the easy target, but look at what each of these teams has done.

We have played a much tougher schedule overall than Bama has. It was mentioned that we are lucky that we haven't faced the opponents that Ark has faced or we would be 6-2 right now had we already played Bama and AU. Really, I don't think so. Look and compare Bama and LSU opposition. They Have played a relatively weak OOC, whereas we have played 2 BCS ranked teams. Look at their in conference compared to ours.

They have played UF, Ark, and USCe of who they lost to, handily on the road. Where as we have played UF, Miss St, and AU of who we lost to by a TD on the road. UF they had at home, where as we were on the road, bigger win for us. I put Ark and Miss St about equal, with slight edge to Ark, but Bama played them in their house, so about an equal win even though we beat Miss St handily. Bama lost to USCe on the road, handily, whereas we lost to AU on the road in a tight game. AU is a much better team than USCe.

My point is that each of us has a loss to an SEC foe, both on the road. Ours against a much better team than who Bama lost to, and we kept the game close, whereas Bama got beaten pretty good. Our OOC is stronger than theirs, and to top it off it is in our house. I'm not saying that the Tigers are a shoe in to win, just that I don't get the Bama is a lock to win this game mentality. The body of work each of these teams has faced indicates that just isn't the case, and that the likelihood of a closely fought game is the greater possibility.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed, as mentioned on SEC Weekly yesterday, pound for pound, athlete for athlete, Id put these two teams up against any team in the country right now. The rest of the world can go watch the TCU & Utah game, but my eyes will be peeled on PP vs. JJ, Our D-Line vs. Bama O-Line, Our RB's vs. Bama D & Bama's RB's vs. our D.

Also mentioned on SEC Weekly yesterday "Swap the LSU QB situation for the Alabama QB, and LSU wins this game hands down" Which I don’t necessarily agree with 100%

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You're just a pussy. Are you scaaaaarrrrred?

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

That's a huge understatement considering they played a 1-8 WAC SJSU, a 2-6 ACC Duke, will play a 5-4 I-AA Independent Georgia State (would be funny if they lose that one), and their toughest OOC opponent is a 5-3 Penn State who is having a rough time doing anything aginst top Big Ten competition.

On a side note, I like the fact that in all Div. I conference divisions with the exception of Ole Piss who is 3-5 overall, all of the other 5 SEC West teams are bowl eligible with Ar-Kansas having the worst record at 6-2... puts the toughness of the SECW in perspective. Only division so far with atleast 5 teams already bowl eligible.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

And that is exactly why the computers have Bama at 16th and LSU at 6th

Its the damn Humans.

But at the same time, you have to consider that they(the humans) are all looking at. 1) Our inconsistent play. 2)sloppy & obvious playcalling. 3)The missed tackle marathon with displayed against Auburn 4) Our confused offense with 2 confused QB's. 5) The lack of production from our star players on offense.

My question of this team is based soley on consistence. And my question is are we inconsistent because of the athletes or the play calling. - THE PLAYCALLING, we find something that works, and that something varies with every opponent, and then GC/CLM whomever, gets away from what was working and try's to get too creative - causing 3 & outs, causing our tired defense to have to come back out, causing us to give up big plays, fall behind, and that then changes the game plan completely by having to play from behind.

Who cares, I dont know what I am talking about!

1 person likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

If being realistic and taking off my purple & gold goggles is being a pussy, so be it, but I am not the pussy booing our team and fans off the field.

If this LSU team is as good as we get, then this is what we are, and I accept that, I am not the pussing crying like a b!tch every year we dont win every game and asking for our coaching staff to get fired.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'd be ok with that. if i remember correctly, offenses scored all kinds of points with that drop LB on the field.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Man up. Be positive. It's Death Valley. We are LSU. Fk Bama. It's our house.

3 people like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Wonder if we'll ever expand TS to over 100,000+ seats so we can really raise the volume at night. This is the game we need every fan as loud as humanly possible, scare the chit out othem so bad they never want to return. I agree... BUCK FAMA. :thumb: