tiger dogs or sausage poboy???

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Marsheezi, May 22, 2004.

1. Marsheezi

Marsheezi Founding Member

which is your favorite gametime football food?

Tigerdogs for me... with some nacho cheese on top. Seriously, when we go to away games, we specifically ask for tigerdogs and argue with the people until they call it a tigerdog and not a hotdog. :grin:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm tigerdogs

and one time i was really drunk going to find tigerdogs, and i found a concession stand that sold chicken nuggets....they were damn good.

never found that stand again though....

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Roasted peanuts.

I eat heartily before the game, so I rarely want a hot dog or other hot food. But I sometimes crave peanuts in the second half.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I'm disappointed. I thought you would only eat tiger nuggets. :dis:

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My sister makes these really good sausage po-boys that we eat when we tailgate. Fill up on those before hitting the stadium.

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Having not been to a game in Tiger Stadium in many years, I don't even know what a Tiger Dog is. Back in the 70s and 80s, the concession stand outside the stadium on the north end would fry up these greasy hamburgers. I don't recall ever ordering one, but that smell has been literally seared into my memory from hanging out there waiting for the band. Now, whenever I pass a greasy burger joint and I smell that smell, for some reason I hear the faraway drum cadence of the Golden Band from Tigerland :wink:

The hot dogs they served at the stadium then were really good: steamed in the bun. But I'll take a good ol' sausage po-boy any time over a hot dog.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I used to love the hot sausage poboys at Joe D's near the corner of Jefferson Hwy and Government Street. I would get a poboy, an order of barbecue beans and some fries and if the weather was nice I would go to nearby Goodwood Park to eat them and feed the squirrels the leftover frys. They would come up and take them right out of your hand.

Sadly, Joe D's is no more. I think the owner retired and nobody else took it over.