Tiger Rag Originated in New Orleans not South Carolina

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 17, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

So tell Clemson this, that in the late 1800's a Jazz musician wrote it on Magazine St. Then in the early 1900's two others added HOLD THAT TIGER to the song. Then during Huey P. Longs (Huge Tiger Fan) days he Whistled the tune to the Band director of the day and that has evolved into or Pregame. Which you will hear SAT NIGHT BABY. I would advice any Gamecocks going to Tiger Stadium this Sat you Should be in the Stadium 45 min before Kickoff so that you do not Miss the GOLDEN BAND FROM TIGERLAND.

CAN YOU SMEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT BIRDA COOKIN

and you will understand

WHY ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

2. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

I wonder if anything that clemson does is original. :rolleyes:
    I will be sure that all my Gamecock brethren who go to the game realize that when they hear tiger rag being played that this is not meant as a dig on Gamecocks but that this is something else that clemson has stolen and tried to make theirs. Thanks for the info and history lesson :)

GO COCKS!!!!

3. JoshFromSC

JoshFromSC Freshman

doesn't auburn also play tiger rag? i could have sworn i heard it on tv earlier this year at an auburn game.

4. gamecocksfan

gamecocksfan Freshman

Tell a tater? You are giving them WAY too much credit! Taters are not capable of independent thoughts. They are infected by that uringe brain disease as children and none of them have ever recovered from it. This would be dismissed as yet another "Gamecock Conspiracy” to belittle their fine tradition. You might as well try to convince a UT fan that they didn't invent football or an Allbarn fan that they lack class (they have that dreaded uringe brain disease also). I’m afraid you will have to settle with us having one more (as if we needed more) thing to laugh at them about.

GEAUX COCKS!

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, they do play it. Way too fast, but they try, I guess.

6. SouthernGent

SouthernGent Founding Member

Josh

All Burn is Klimpsin w/o the lake!!!

DeafValley- Thanks for the history lesson; I enjoy learning more neat 'tid-bits' on Southern College FB and their orgins. I knew HP Long was a LSU fan, but I had no idea he was the inspiration for LSU playing Tiger Rag. I only wish klimpsin folks had the intellect to comprehend that fact.