Tiger Stadium Construction

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan101, Feb 25, 2004.

1. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

I was wondering what y'all know about the construction on the west side of the stadium. The only thing that I have found is that the new club seats and new press box areas will be put in, and i believe somthing about making the stadium nicer (ex: bathrooms). Also, how many seats will be added and what will the stadium capacity be.
    :lsug: :geaux: :lsug:

2. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Did cajun construction do the upper deck? My brother is a HR guy for them. I'll ask him what's up tomorrow if someone hasn't ferreted out the info. before then.

3. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

The capacity will increase, but not significantly...I believe.

Presently, they are testing the ground to find strong points to hold the structure. Then, the new structure will go up for next year, but the West Upper will remain one more season. At the conclusion of the 2004 season, workers will immediately insert the new West Upper, complete with club-like ammenities. As far as restrooms...I am not sure.

Please excuse my poor explanation of engineering procedures for I am an education major!!!

Overall, it will be awesome as the West Upper and East Upper will have the same dimensions...if in case...in the future...a complete Upper Bowl is possible, thus increasing capacity well into the 100s.

I hope this helps.

4. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I think they should do a upper bowl. I think we would be able to fill it almost every game. How much talk is there going around about they adding a upper bowl?

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

no way we could fill it. we can't fill the stadium for every game now. I think we would fill it on big games but most of the time we wouldn't.

6. FOREVER LSU

LSUfan36,

I usually read those "Upper Bowl" rumors here.

That would be AWESOME!!!

7. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

i think it would be awesome we definately wouldn't fill it for every game but could u imagine 100+ in tiger stadium for auburn on a saturday night that would be awesome

8. FOREVER LSU

Another earthquake!!!

9. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Texican, what's your dad's name? Does he work at the Baton Rouge office? My brother works in BR and he sometimes makes trips to dallas. Last time he came up they went to Lockheed. I forgot what he said they were building there. Or maybe they were bidding for a job, I'm not sure. Anyway, I wonder if they work together?

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I don't know that I would like to see a completely enclosed upper bowl. That would, to me, somehow detroy the historical integrity of the old Tiger Stadium. Perhaps add a deck to the South end zone, but leave the North end zone as it is.

One issue the university has to address is if you add, say, 15,000 more seats, you have to consider where to park these additional fans. How does it impact game day traffic? Of course 15,000 more tickets per game at $XX per ticket makes a lot of those problems seem worth it.