Tiger Stadium Grass

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, May 19, 2006.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I know this is a repost, and I apologize for that, but I couldn't find the original post. Anyway, not sure if the guy who was praising moo state's field saw this quote about tiger stadiums new grass.

The type of grass which will be used in Tiger Stadium is the same as used by Mississippi State at Scott Field.

"The grass is a deviation of Mississippi Choice," Nunez said. "It's called Revolution. Since we grew it (in Baton Rouge), we had the right to name it. Mississippi State is considered to have one of the best game-day fields in the country."

So our field should look the same quality as Mississippi st come gameday. :thumb:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Lord knows it was loooooooooong overdue. Let's hope they did a complete overhaul of the drainage system also. No reason for one of the best stadiums in the nation to have one of the worst playing surfaces.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

They did... If you have the time, take a look on wafb.com, then the sports page. One of the 10pm sports videos from the last couple of weeks has footage of it.

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

we should get the one with tire in it, i played on that last year and it is amazing. u dont even think about the field when ur playing. no slipping, no sliding, no turf skin, nothing. not sure the costs but if a small catholic school can get it(granted lynn swann, barry bonds, and tom brady went there), then i dont see why LSU cant get it

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yes, they did. The engineering firm that I work for did the drainage design.

6. clair

clair Rockets

Tell the Saints you don't slip on it... They were sliding across the dome the whole time they had that crap...

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And LSU slipped on that stuff a whole lot back in 2003 at Ole Miss, when their is a lot of moisture in the air, it can be awfully slippery. By the way, that is similar to what we have on some of our practice fields now too.

8. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I think Im "that guy" when i said this:

I saw another thread about adding a second deck to the south side of the stadium and it got me thinking; if I had the authority and money, how would I make the stadium better...if that’s possible.

1) New windows for the old dorms or concrete over them.

2) Put arches on the south-side pillars. (Like the north end)
    3) New, level field (Miss. State quality)
    4) All new bleachers
    5) Replace LSU overhang by the locker room with a new one (same design)
    6) Bring back the "welcome to death valley banner"
    7) Bigger and better jumbo-tron
    8) New beefed-up chain-link fence
    9) Paint visitors locker room like a nursery or maternity ward
    10) Repave every parking-lot and road on campus (nothing to do with stadium but I’m buying struts like I’m buying books)

How would y’all renovate the stadium or would you not touch it.
    http://tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=38522

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

not sure were all talking about the same thing...the saints have astroturf, correct? or something like it with the concrete below. this is like a synthetic grass, with tires shred up about the diameter of a toothpick. its layed down on something soft but firm. if u pull on a few blades, it sort of comes up like a rug but not much. this was in the san francisco and i know they have it at nebraska but not sure about the humidity down south. its supposedly fine with moisture. dunno

10. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Well that's just great. Is it supposed to be suitable for grazin cattle? or will the receivers have to dodge large appliances and assorted travel trailers on the deep routes? I guess we'll have to swap ESPN Game Day for a taping of the Jerry Springer show....