Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jul 7, 2003.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

2. BigKevLSU

BigKevLSU Freshman

That site gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes everytime I go there.

3. j0nathanr0y

I posted this on another web site....

Check out what other people have to say....feel free to add some conflict.

Tiger Stadium Forum

4. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

I saw the argument on that other board, and all the ducks and such had to say about tiger stadium. I thought about replying, but comparing SEC football with their brand of ball is like comparing apples to oranges. They will NEVER understand until they witness for themselves. Lets keep tiger dogs, boudin, gumbo, and jumbalaya to ourselves. I'm being greedy I know but PLENTY of people from other parts of the country have experienced it and know the deal. If they want to downplay and degrade they can. Cajuns are about having a love for life, celebrating culture and diversity(no, I didn't lift that from a travel brochure)they are missing out. It's their loss, not ours.

5. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Good stuff!!!

6. j0nathanr0y

Well said, I'll agree

7. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

I listented to part of "southern sports tonight" this evening and two of the four callers I heard(the theam was most memorable game) one from Ala, one from UT, both were praising their own teams ,Ala. & UT, but both stated at the end of their spot that if they wern't a Ala., or UT fan they would want to be a LSU fan, both said it was one of the best stadiums (intimidating) to play football on Sat. NIGHT! They also stated that it was the only place where the home team would taunt you then invite over and feed you and pat you on the back. It sounds like not all opposing team fans have a bad time at LSU.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Here is some outsiders views of Tiger Stadium.

I live in Mobile and there is a local radio show, which I have come to respect and listen to everyday. Today on their show they rated the SEC 1-12. The poll consisted of 3 peoples opinions, The host of the show Taylor Zarzar, co-host Neal McCrady (was AU beat writer for Mobile Press up until last year), and the engineer producer James. I don't know what they based there decisions on (Arch, His, Fans, Trad????), but I think it was kind of like a combo of architecture and experience.

They each rated the SEC 1-12 (1pt for #1, 2pt for #2...and son on) then they added up the points and then made their combined 1-12 (lowest score being #1). They have all been to every single stadium, execpt for James who has been to all but 2. I cant really remember the entire top 12 exactly, but it was something like this.

#1 LSU (all ranked LSU #1, 3 total pts. Lowest possible)
    #2 AU
    #3 UGA
    #4 FLA
    #5 Tenn
    #6 Bama
    #7 Ark
    #8 South Carolina
    #9 Ole Miss
    #10 Kentucky
    #11 Miss. St
    #12 Vandy

I'm not 100% sure on #'s 6-9, as I had to run into the store to grab an 18 pack.... but i think its right.

Just thought yall might be interested in this...:lsug: :lsug: :lsug:

9. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Tiger stadium is the only place I know where you can talk smack and taunt other teams then go over and conversate and share each others grub. At least before the game.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Guys, I got the perfect example for everyone.

I go to the University of Georgia

Last semester, my roomate had friends come in from the University of Tennessee (as he was from Nashville) for the UGA/UT game. His friends brought along these kids from Oregon State who were at UT for a semester-thing between colleges.

These kids were shell-shocked. They said the girls around the campus were insane, much better then the ones in the north. They said the rage for football was more intense, fan base was bigger, ext...just a different brand in football. They talked about how at UO and OSU (Oregon & Oregon St) its a lot calmer around before game times and the downtown scenes, girls, feeling in the air was just different.

Bottom line, these guys didnt have a clue what SEC ball was.