Tigers #20 in Coaches Poll, #24 in AP

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

A two spot move in ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. We were leap frogged by Penn State with Colorado, Michigan State (missing Nick), and VaTech victim Marshall falling behind us.

The writers only gave us a little love, moving Penn State, Cal, and Iowa State ahead of the Tigers while dropping Michigan State, Marshall, Colorado, and Colorado State out of the Top 25.

I think we deserved a little better than that, especially from the AP. I wonder why Wisconisn didn't drop a couple after barely escaping Northern Illinois with a win.

2. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

LSU has never really been a favorite with the pollsters. if we lose one we fall several spots, whereas if we win we barely seem to move up.

Thats ok though, we control our destiny, if we beat Miss State and La-Lafeyette, we will go into the swamp ranked around 15. If we win there, we should move into the top 10, else we risk falling out of the top 25. The way our defense has played this season and the way FL played against U of Ohio yesterday (and Miami the week before) I think we have a fighting chance againt the Gators.

3. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

IT's how you finish

Remember the thief on the cross next to Jesus. It's not how you start, or carry on; It's how you finish!

GEAUX TIGERS