Tigers in the NFL 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 22, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I'm not even sure what there is to investigate. She's not claiming he's the father of her child or anything. All she's saying is that they're engaged. Even if true, which it's not, can't a brotha change his mind before attaching 'the ole ball and chain'? Much ado about nothing, IMO.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Dolphins rookie WR Jarvis Landry continues to impress
    Second-round pick has the attention of QB Ryan Tannehill
    • [​IMG]
    Jarvis Landry #14 and Matt Hazel #83 of the Miami Dolphins participate in… (WIRE )
    June 18, 2014|By Chris Perkins
    DAVIE — There’s a lot to like about Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry, the Dolphins’ second-round pick from LSU. His sure hands and run-after-catch skills have already made quite an impression on quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

“He’s a playmaker,” Tannehill said. “Some of the strongest hands I’ve seen ever since I’ve been playing football. He’s a guy that’s going to catch the ball if it’s in his area. I’ve seen him already make some tough one-handed catches in practice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “He stands out as far as his ball-catching ability and he seems like a guy, that once he gets the ball in his hands, he’s going to do something with it. It’s going to be fun getting the ball to him.”

Landry had a good day Tuesday, marked by a pair of nice receptions, including one where he went up and snatched a high pass.

Although it’s early, Landry is emerging as someone who will definitely get some playing this season whether it’s at slot receiver, outside receiver, punt returner or kickoff returner. He’s been working at all four positions and showing promise at each.

Despite the accomplishments, Landry sticks with his humble attitude.

“There’s still room for improvement,” he said. “I’m in a never-ending battle with complacency so I’m trying to get better every day.”

cajdav1 likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odell Beckham Jr. May Return Kicks, Punts for New York Giants in 2014
    June 19th, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    By Dan Benton

The New York Giants may have added a plethora of players capable of returning both kicks and punts this offseason, but once the regular season officially begins, there's a legitimate chance that absolutely none of them will be task with that duty. Rather, rookie wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. may start the season returning both kicks and punts for Big Blue, says Special Teams Coordinator Tom Quinn.
    Beckham Jr. has been a regular participant in both kick return and punt return drills from the start of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) straight through mandatory mini-camp, which officially ended on Thursday. And even during the days in which he was sidelined from team drills as a result of a lingering hamstring issue, Beckham Jr. was always with a small group of his teammates fielding punts and kicks at the onset of each practice.

In addition to Beckham Jr., other obvious suspects such as David Wilson, Quintin Demps, Trindon Holliday and even Victor Cruz practiced returning both kicks and punts, but it remains clear that the Giants have not yet made a decision on who will do either.

Meanwhile, Quinn also alluded to another somewhat unexpected training camp competition, implying that kicker Brandon McManus has had an impressive Spring and will "absolutely" get a legitimate chance to win the starting job over veteran Josh Brown in training camp.

So, along with the many other intriguing training camp battles to keep an eye on, jobs at both kick/punt returner and kicker will also be decided by training camp/preseason performances.

Essentially, every single job with the exception of starting quarterback will be up for grabs.

cajdav1 likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know......but.......

San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid expected to have another big season

[​IMG]
    San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid (35) returns an interception during his 2013 rookie season. Reid played in the Pro Bowl after a stellar year. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)
    Print
    [​IMG] By Trey Iles, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Follow on Twitter
    on June 25, 2014 at 3:27 PM, updated June 25, 2014 at 3:31 PM

[​IMG]
    When the New Orleans Saints were on their Super Bowl XLIV run back in 2009-10, Eric Reid said he was as big a Who Dat fan as there was. It was his senior year at Dutchtown High and he was a coveted prep defensive back who would sign with LSU.

Three-and-a-half years later, he was playing in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome against his favorite childhood team as a San Francisco 49er, one of the Saints' biggest rivals.

Reid recorded seven tackles at his safety position for the Niners in their 23-20 loss to the Saints on Nov. 17, 2013. He said the loss was disappointing but he enjoyed the experience.

"That game was huge for me,'' said Reid during an interview for Gatorade's launch of its 10th annual Beat the Heat campaign. "I grew up watching the Saints. I was in high school when they won the Super Bowl. I actually had the opportunity to meet Drew Brees. I talked to him on the field. I wanted to intercept him. That would have made the game perfect for me. I had a (pass breakup) against him. It was an awesome experience even though we lost the game. That was a special game for me.''

Reid, a 6-foot-1, 213-pounder about to enter his second year in the NFL, had a lot of special games as a rookie in 2013. After being selected in the first round of the 2013 draft by the Niners, he more than lived up to expectations after his All-American career at LSU.

He earned a berth in the Pro Bowl after recording 77 tackles and four interceptions, including his first against Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers in his first game as a pro.

The Niners had an impressive run, making it all the way to the NFC Conference Championship, where they fell to the eventual Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.

Many experts who cover the NFL think Reid is in for an even bigger season this year.

He said the Niners are expecting to contend again. And, once again, he said he looks forward to coming back to Louisiana to play in the Superdome again.

The Niners will travel to play the Saints Nov. 9. Reid said the Niners-Saints game has become a big one because of the former rivalry and the fact that the two squads are among the NFC elite.

"I've only played in one, of course, but the last couple of games have been huge games for both teams,'' Reid said. "I imagine it'll be that way this season.''

Reid said he'll be visiting home in the next couple of weeks before returning to San Francisco in late July to begin training camp. He said he expects to stop by LSU and rekindle acquaintances. Despite the loss of several key players, he thinks the Tigers should be among the SEC contenders this season.

"I think LSU will be fine,'' Reid said. "It's the same situation every year for LSU. We lose a lot of guys to the draft and a lot of younger guys have to step up and fill in. It's no different this year. I think they'll be fine.''

TigerTap and cajdav1 like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This years draft, some numbers:

Players drafted

From the SEC-49

ACC-42

PAC12-34

Big10-30

Big12-17