Tigers Win! Tigers Win!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Dec 30, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Basketball team wins 69-57 over UNO. Defense holds Romero to 7 below his average. I guess Brady gets to keep his job for another week.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This just in.... Coach Brady has been signed to a lifetime contract per the prediction of Ol' Tuwho. After LSU's resplendent victories over state powerhouses UNO and McNeese, Skip Bertman commented that his right hand man Tuwho said that if Brady could beat UNO he could beat any team in the nation. ;)

Defeating a team with such outstanding fundamentals, I mean they only had like 8 traveling calls on them which obviously is the result of hard work and lots of coaching, and team work, as Romero only shot like 5 3-pointers outside the frame of the offense, must be rewarded with a lifetime contract. Maybe Romero can learn something from watching the well coached Ronald Dupree who shot 7-11 on controlled shots from in the flow of the offense.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Tuhoo is too busy

scanning the ESPN Boards for inciteful information for future posts. I suspect that he is making a list of NFL teams that will be most attractive to Nick Saban for next year.
    Once Tuhoo has completed that task, I am sure he will be on the board congratulating Brady on the outstanding job he has done in teaching the members of the team to shoot free throws. I believe they were 15 of 17 tonight.
    I am a little disappointed that the Tigers are not rated any higher after beating McNeese, and UNO, Tuhoos number one and two rated teams, they also beat Arizona which got everyone else's vote for number 1.
    Noticed that Marquette, no 13, was beaten by unranked East Carolina and Michigan St, no 14, was beaten by unranked Toledo tonight.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Another side note, but how much nicer did the PMAC floor and players look with the new lights that were about twice as bright as the previous ones. It's a step in the positive direction for the decrepit PMAC.

5. SabanFan

???

I can't tell. Are you fer Brady or agin him?

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Are you new to the board? Mike is speaking, tongue in cheek, in response to Tuhoo's prediction that Brady would be canned after losing to McNeese and UNO. It does seem like a long time ago. :)

7. SabanFan

I see, said the blind man.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Yeah, I like Coach Brady. He was the only coach that wanted to come here after Dale Brown left us in shambles. He won and won alot in the year that he had talent with some depth and his teams competed hard in the years he couldn't have enough players due to the probation.

As far as my comments, I was making fun of Tuwho who can't talk about LSU basketball unless it is something negative.

9. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

The thing I have always noticed about Brady's teams is that, IMO, he gets the most out of what he had to work with. I remember his first year when he had absolutely nothing, the Tigers were always in the game right up until the end. I'm so excited that we finally see what he can do with a full deck. My prediction is that by the end of this year, most of the Brady-haters around here will be singing a different tune. Anyone who isn't is just a hard-head.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

P.S........

In regards to the PMAC, and the many hopes that a new arena will be built in the near future, how many people think Dale Brown's name will be attached to it in some way?