To anyone in the know...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Feb 18, 2005.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

How is Jamarcus Russell's rehab going? i know he had surgery on his throwing arm, just wanted to see how he was doing since SPRING PRACTICE IS A MONTH AWAY!!!!! thanks in advance

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

:confused: :eek: :bncry:

I hadn't heard any thing about that!!!!

You messin wit me boy? :angry:

3. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

i thought i had heard russell had surgery in the advocate, i think that said it was very minor surgery and he would be ready for practice in the spring, i just want to see if he had surgery how well his rehab was going

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Someone on another forums posted this about JR:

Said his arm was 85%...no idea how he knows this or how he arrived at that %.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Was it really neccessary for this Joe to take a parting shot at Perrilloux? This is still out of hand. The difference between RP's comments and comments like the one above is that RP is 18 years old...

I can read between the lines. This QB thing is going to get nasty, and it will have less to do with Perrilloux's comments and more to do with people's inability to deal with them and move on. Mark it down: this is going to get very ugly, deeply personal, and split the fanbase. LSU fans are too football-obsessed to have their cake and eat it too. Pick your man now because Spring Practice will do little to solve anything.

Russell can't be perfect for an entire season, but many LSU fans will expect him to be. It's going to get U-G-L-Y!

6. philter

philter Founding Member

It'll be ugly for the fans for sure, unless we win.

1. No matter how much you like RP, if MF or JR take us to the Rose Bowl, or even a BCS bowl, the RP bandwaggoners will be drowned out or dry out (at least until 2006).

2. If JR or MR struggle, then for sure the fanbase will split...possibly three ways.

The only thing that really matters is if the team and coaching staff split up over this. As long as they handle it correctly internally, it won't make a difference to the team's success (which will help my first scenario above). If the team handles it poorly, then it will be a distraction, lead to JR or MF struggling, and therefore lead to my 2nd scenario.

From JR's comments so far, and RP's lack of talking since the 2nd, I have high hopes they'll handle it the right way.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Excellent post. The world we think and live in as LSU fans is amazing sometimes. We are not normal. The Rohan / Booty thing was tough - it seemed as though everyone was divided: the fans, the staff, the players, the cheerleaders, Mike, the press, etc. UAB was the only group of people who were sure about the whole thing.

I'm hoping for the best as well, but I expect the worst - namecalling, booing, chanting, 6,411 news articles a week, on and on and on...

It will be interesting for everyone (except maybe these 3 young men - wits will be tested).