To the pessimists......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 22, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you should all be ashamed of yourselves for what you are posting. i just read ramah's post and it made me sick. you have no credibility with me anymore.

we beat the #15 team in the nation, by record the best team in the SEC. we went to their home field, in front of their sold out fans, and did what needed to be done to win. we beat them in what their entire fan base was calling the biggest game for Ole Miss in almost 50 years. They have a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate, and their players were ready to play like never before...

and I come on here now and see supposed die hard Tiger fans bitching about how we no longer deserve a shot at the Sugar Bowl, and we basically suck.

well, I for one am very proud of how our Tigers played today, and I think we have a great shot at the Sugar Bowl still.

So for all you nay sayers, YOU, like Ole Miss, can GEAUX TO HELL!
    :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
    :lsug: :geaux:

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Here here!!!!
    Geaux Tigers!

3. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I'm with you Mesquite. But I don't think it's worth trying to reason with these people.

4. mesquite tiger

i am not trying to reason...if i could i would curse them out like a sailor. if they want to cry, go cheer for ULM, ULL, SLU, or Tulane.

Don't bring that crap over here.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Mesquite...If I am indeed the Neo of TigerForums...Then I'm goingn to harken back to what Morpheus said in The Matrix...

Some of these people are not ready to be unplugged...Some of them are so hopelessly dependant upon the system that they will fight, and even die, to protect it...

What I'm trying to say is that if you're not one of us...You're one of them!!!!!!!!!!

6. mesquite tiger

yes TE...what you said.

Everyone...The Chosen One has spoken!

:)

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

FightinTIGER...

When you post, make sure it's even-handed...

Like, LSU pulled out a tough one on the road...But, then again, LSU looked piss poor doing it...

I just have a problem with you when-after a tough win on the road against a tough team-you come on here and ignore the win, and just talk about the negatives associated with it...

Do you not think that we didn't see this game along with you?

Do you really think that we don't realize that Jimbo called a bad game?

Do you really think we don't realize that our offensive line had a HUGE issue with consistency tonight?

Do you really think we didn't see that the penalty on the lone touchdown drive for Ole Miss for Marcus Spears really hurt us?

Do you really think we didn't see that we are still suscepitble on the blitz to the running back out of the backfield?

Duhhh...We saw the same game you did....We're not wearing blinders....We just are happy for a victory in the face of all the negativity you're spewing out that we all already know about...

8. mesquite tiger

I am all for discussing good and bad about performance on the feild. And I have posted many negative things here, mostly about TE's buddy Marcus Randall. I just don't understand why some people are throwing in the towels after a win. Ohio St won ugly a lot last year, and they got to where they needed to be.

We do not control the BCS, and we do not know what it will spit out Monday at 5pm CST.

I have a lot of things to say about today's game.

I think our offensive gameplan sucked. We called shitty routes all game and never went for the knock out punch like we have been doing lately.

The offensive line got out played.

Saban made a mistake saying this game had nothing on the line, no matter what context it was said in. Cutcliff used this to motivate his team all week, and it showed in how they played. Cutcliff even called Saban out on it in some interviews, saying this game meant everything as far as he was concerned...his team played that way.

Our defense saved our ass most of the game, then nearly gave it away in the end. Our secondary is soft I feel, and must improve or Tennessee, Georgia, or Florida will exploit it.

We had luck on our side today. 2 missed FGs by the SEC's best kicker....that is Divine Intervention.

Those are my thoughts...notice no mention of BCS or unworthiness to pass USC.

I have no issues talking about these all night with anyone.

Lets all wake up tomorrow and be friends again....ok?

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I'm with you, Mesquite. I can't stand pessimists. It's not always going to be a cakewalk. The important thing is to win. We won the freakin' ! Just win, baby!

10. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Actually you and the rest of the pessimists are the ones having the hissy fits. Just enjoy the win like the rest of us.

From what ya'll have been sayin overall, it almost seems like ya'll want us to stay low in the BCS just to prove yourself right. Hopefully it hasn't gotten to this point, even though it seems like it.... but if it has, SHAME ON YOU!