Tom Benson wants a BILLION dollars to keep the Aints....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by InVinoVeritas, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: you commie bastard.....

You obviously are delusional. Tastee Donuts is still on Clearview/W. Metairie, and I saw the Roman Taffy man recently.

Now ALL of your facts in EVERY post are suspect. NONE of your posts can be taken seriously now. :wink:

And Schwegmans is gone because of John S.'s stupidity. He over leveraged himself with the National/Superstore buyout and lost everything (a la Copeland and the Church's deal). It pisses me off that because of his greed and desire to buy out his competition now we dont have National, Superstore OR Schwegmans. Nice job John. Now they are ALL gone. Great plan.

2. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

You obviously are delusional. Tastee Donuts is still on Clearview/W. Metairie, and I

You obviously are delusional. Tastee Donuts is still on Clearview/W. Metairie, and I saw the Roman Taffy man recently

Clearview and West Metairie...! Why Don't you just say Boston...!
    And was it REAL Roman Taffy or that psuedo-Russel Crowe crap!.....

What about "anal Villere"....

The store on Carrollton and Claiborne had the "C" burnt out for at least 10 years. I always wondered what tourists thought....

Hell all my posts are suspect except about Twho's police record: attempted sodomy and cable theft in the same night...! Those Iranian women...

3. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

FROSTOP - The best shakes in the city.

I love the Ted's Frostop right across the street from the Tulane Married Students dorm on Claiborne. One summer, I lived on the Corner of Calhoun and Claiborne and I practically lived at Ted's.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: You obviously are delusional. Tastee Donuts is still on Clearview/W. Metairie, and I

I noticed the same thing once about 10 years ago while walking down decatur Street/ Canal Place has its name in big blue neon letters way on top of the building. You can see it from a long way away. Once I saw "ANAL PLACE" blazing across the sky. :D

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bring back Hopper's!!

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Getting back to the topic of the Billion Dollars I would rather see it spent to reverse the coastal erosion that is eating up thousands of square miles of Louisianas coastline every year. Just compare a topographical map of the LA coast from the 50s or 60s to one from this year and you'll see what I mean.

7. gridman

gridman Freshman

saints essential?

:dis: If the Saints are essential to Louisiana and New Orleans then we are in even worse shape than I feared. People the Saints are a privately-owned, though publically subsidized, money machine for one man, Tom Benson, and his family. The black eyes, embarrassment. etc to the state is pure hogwash. The shame is that sweetheart deals, and their accompanying under the table bribes are what gives us the horrible rep this state has. If Mr. Benson wants public welfare let him find it in Texas, California or wherever else he can. If the Independent Peoples' Democratic Republic of Orleans want to raise LOCAL taxes to pay the latest extortion demand have at it. Just don't come to the legislature to ask the rest of us to contribute to the Benson slush fund. The only time Orleans feels, thinks or admits it is even a part of Louisiana is when they want the rest of us to bail them out of the cesspool they have created or for new money to distributed to the old and new poobahs who think we exist to fleece.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Compare one from 1995 to one from today.