Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Tom Cruise compares acting to being at War in Afganistan

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by tigerchick46, Nov 12, 2013.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ing-tour-afghanistan-report-article-1.1511177

Just a little something to remember on Veterans day........how much I cant stand this guy. I'm guessing his luxury trailer is surrounded by suicide bombers and snipers, I'd love for Maverick to get dropped off in a war zone it might actually be harder than a making a movie, only disadvantage I see is both enemy and American soldiers would be trying to kill him......besides that, no big deal.
    Winston1 likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I saw this a couple days ago and read the transcript. I get the feeling this was taken out of context and the attorney was trying to lead him. Not that he's not a douche but I'll reserve judgment on this until I see a video.
  3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Oh, he's a douche, fo' schizzle!

Douchebag.png
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

I can 100% guarantee he would shit his pants
  5. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I think so too. He said that being away from daughter Suri on sets of big-budget movies 'feels like' serving in Afghanistan. He meant it in terms of being away from loved ones for a long time. I saw somewhere that he'd said 100 days.
  6. lsutiga

Reading that makes it very clear to me that you'd drop those panties for him in a minute. I bet you've closed your eyes and have done it many times already.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

The only difference is if it really got bad for him he has the ways and means to have his GS5 pick him up and shuffle him off to wherever his cute little daughter is. We on the other hand have to tell crying kids happy birthday over a shitty satellite phone and watch days like Christmas, anniversaries, other holidays come and go to the point that they become just another day. I understand what he is saying, and it doesn't offend me, but it is not the same, not even comparable. In my opinion of course.
  8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Oh clearly! A scientologist, metrosexual, liberal, hollywood weirdo, comparing movie making to war is exactly my type, are you a prophet?
  9. lsutiga

No but you're a skank and skanks just don't put that much thought into what they put into it.
  10. lsutiga

I have friends who work offshore who could say that too.

I do get where you're coming from.

Coming in for Thanksgiving? We can have lunch at that truck stop off I-46 near Opelousas.