Tom Luginbill on ESPNU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cgull, Sep 19, 2006.

1. cgull

cgull Freshman

just said if you play this game on a neutral field LSU wins this game. He actually moved LSU up in his poll from 6 to 5. He's my new hero

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Wow. Hell must be getting colder by the minute. If I knew all it took was a LSU loss to get a little respect I woudn't have broke my TV Saturday.

3. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

We didn't need a neutral field, just neutral referees.

4. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is probably one of the best posts I have seen.

Greeen for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. GarlicMeatball

GarlicMeatball Founding Member

Well all losses count the same, meaning a (1) in the loss column.....BUT not all losses are the same, for instance you always here people say "that game was alot closser than the score indicated".... so there are close losses and blow out losses, etc...... and then there are losses like LSU had on Sat.....on the road, against a top 5 team, and with at least 4 highly questionable calls....and you add all those things togehter and the LSU TIGERS still had plenty of opportunities to win the game but came up JUST a little short about 4 yards to be exact....so what am I saying, that LSU has more talent and a better team than AU and played a better ball game on Sat., I know it is very difficult to do all of those things and still lose but I was in AU on Sat. and I truly believe LSU out played AU but just came up a little short.....so the moral of the story is the TIGERS should not drop to far in the rankings and based on the game on Sat in AU I think LSU is a top 2-3 team this year and may get to prove it....remeber the 2003 TIGERS dropped a game and that loss was much uglier than what we saw on Sat. and it was at home against an freshman QB....so lets just play the games .... win out and show the country that this team is for real.

6. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

YEAH, DAMN, what you said. Good post:)

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It would be an absolute travesty to see what may very well amount to be the best defense that LSU has ever had not play for the crown.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

See? What'd I tell ya? Ever since last year the loser of this game becomes the best team in the SEC by default... ;)

9. lsu-fan

lsu-fan Freshman

Well said.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with your post for the most part but:
    If you take away the bad calls for just a minute 2 things stand out.
    1) LSU did not capitalize on a turnover, int returned to AU 30 yard line
    2) AU outplayed us in the 2nd half, they were able to run the ball and sustain a drive for a td, we couldn't stop Irons forward progress on this drive.
    3) If the offense was more consistant in this game maybe AU doesn't score.
    Our D was getting tired and played most of the 3rd Quarter if I remember correctly and a majority of the game.