top CB's???

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by alumni95, Dec 2, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

What in the world is up with the top-rated HS CB's this year?? Why isn't there a line from coast to coast backed up at CNS's office to play CB for LSU next year??

Not that I don't have faith in CNS to fill the voids, but what's up with these recruits?

I mean we are losing both starting CB's. CNS personally coaches the CB's himself. He was a CB in college. He has coached CB's in the NFL and knows what it takes to shape a CB into a future NFL'er. We have an ELITE program.

What gives???

We do have Bryan Evans (Rivals #5, Insiders #6) and Derek Pegues (Rivals #9, Insiders #15) interested.... but what are the other guys thinking?

It's just baffling to me...

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

We are not recruiting many.

We have already turned down several that wanted to sign. We also have several waiting in the wings. Sammy Joseph (basically a new recruit), Mario Stevenson, Chevis Jackson, Ronnie Prude,etc. We simply are not offering many. We could get at least 10 really good ones if we wanted to. But with scholarship limitations this year, we can only sign a couple.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah if you think about it, cornerback is the least legitimate position that is recuited out of high school. What I mean is that there is so little passing at the high school level that the cornerback position is really never being tested. So I think that is why a fast receiver/RB/QB can be taught just as quickly to become a DB at the college level as would be with a CB out of HS. It's not like the corner back coming out of high school has a whole helluva lot of experience.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Pegues is a QB and Evans is mostly a WR. Both are being recruited to play CB at LSU. I think evans has the option to choose WR/DB.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Methinks you are just being kept out of the loop ...

And have been put on the "Mushroom Plan" ... :lol:

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Derek Pegues' coach goes to church with us. I am trying to get a line on what he is leaning towards, but he is keeping his options open. Coach Woods says he is a steal whoever gets him. They will be playing this friday in jackson agaisnt Ocean springs for the MS 5A state championship and to keep their #8 national ranking. What are the NCAA rules about Joe average fan telling a Recruit that LSu would Be THE place to go to college to play ball? not that it'd make a difference.

Coach Woods has told Derek that LSU had the best Defensive coaching staff and I think that's why he is considering it. man what I wouldn't give to see a home town guy from here play for LSU, that'd be SICK! :thumb:

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You can talk to this guy all you want, and as long as you are not a booster you can even write him a letter. Just don't try and organize anything like a letter writing campaign like the guy that runs the UK website did, he got banned from all UK events for years and years because of it even though he wasn't an official booster.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Pegues plays both O and D. he plays CB now as well as QB.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

OK. I thought he was just a QB. Thanks.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I'm not that great at writing if someone would write a short letter on why he should go to LSU, I'll be sure it gets to him. or just list some reasons why he should attend, like Saban's a great CB coach etc..