Torture-Agree or Disagree

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 11, 2008.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I like this, however my sticking point is I DONT WANT them in an American prison on American soil or elgiable to protection under OUR constitution. They don't friggin deserve it and God himself cannot change my mind on this. You want the truth, you can't handle the truth :lol::lol: had to do it. I really could care less what the CIA does with these A holes. I don't neccissarily need to know about it either. All I'm saying is I don't come down on the side of anti-torture.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The only problem with this is that most of our constitional liberties are not tied to citzenship. They are inherent rights endowed by the creator and are afforded to all people regardless of nationality.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I was not trying to paint you into a corner. I was just replying to the idea that your implication in your first sentence that torture may be required in the world we live in. I understand you have lack of certainty about the issue. That was clear in your last paragraph. Nor was I saying everything can be seen in black and white. I was merely trying to get the point across that there are guiding principles that should assist us in our points of view. It is when we ignore these principles that we end up losing our way. War is often times a necessity. No question about it. But in the process of waging war we should not forget those principles for which the war is being fought. The fact that our enemies have no values or principles cannot be used as a justification for us disgarding ours and taking on the mantle of the very forces of evil we are fighting against.

1 person likes this.