Tradition C.G.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rolltider, Nov 1, 2001.

1. rolltider

rolltider Freshman

There will be a scholoship reduction but Bama is going to land the best recruits in the land just because it is Alabama football. Alabama football will never die....... its all about tradition C.G.......not that I would expect any of you tigers to understand that!!

2. G. C. TIGER

G. C. TIGER Freshman

I am G. C. not CG, could you please learn how to get it right. Who will go to a school not is not on TV? These kids nowadays want exposure and most of them do not know who the Bear is. They do not care about tradition, just winning.

1 person likes this.
  3. bamastdnt

bamastdnt Guest

not on television?

how can you say that? we were 3-8 last year and have had EVERY game televised except for UTEP. How many games have you guys had on tv?

just a thought

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'll agree that Bama has great tradition because of past history and is considered one of the top programs of the south. Many of the older generation of fans are probably among the most knowledgable about college football. However, I was amazed at something that happened on my last trip to Tuscaloosa when LSU shut out Kitchens and the Tide 27-0. I was in the Bama student section (decked out in purple and gold) when Bama had a big third down early in the game. The LSU fans created quite a roar from their section and the Bama students reacted by attempting to out-yell the Tiger fans. Most of the stadium follows suit and Kitchens is forced to call a time out because he couldn't hear well enough to change the play. Next, I overheard a Bama student triumphantly boast, "that'll teach them to try and out-yell us in our own stadium!!!" Maybe that's why Kitchens decided to move to BR.

5. G. C. TIGER

G. C. TIGER Freshman

You wil not be on TV when you are on probation. Yes, you do have a great tradition and I love watching sports in Tuscaloosa, but the near future is not bright. The probation that is coming will hurt you.

6. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

YOU don't want Bama to be a scapegoat!!!

Whatever we get will indeed hurt us in some way. But, please be smart enough to know that what hurts us also hurts you and the rest of our division, the rest of the SEC. The weaker we get as a conference, the less chance we have of having teams play for the NC or even the BCS. If Bama gets slammed hard enough to hurt us badly, it will hurt our division, which is already a mess. That in turn will begin to hurt the entire SEC. Don't hope for too much punishment for us, because it will impact more than just us. Granted, we are certainly not at the top of the conference, but we are among the bigger programs, and we bring in our share of revenue for the SEC also. Also, it is never wise to cast stone sunless you are clean. Funny how quickly many in the SEC have jumped on the anti-Bama bandwagon, hoping for us to get the 'Death Penalty', not thinking about how close to home it might hit if we get killed (just look at SMU and the SWC, which is another reason the NCAA cannot afford to 'kill' us - it KILLS an entire conference eventually). We'll all see what is in store in the next few months. One key is that Bama has not been cited for 'lack of institutional control' which is one of the biggies, so that may be why Bama fans are feeling a little overconfident about our punishment.

7. G. C. TIGER

G. C. TIGER Freshman

You bring up some very good points. I am just pointing out that the probation is coming and it will hurt you. I would much rather play a good Bama team than a bad one. It is a lot more fun to play a good team. We got excited about Ole Miss, because we knew it was going to be a good game. I hope that all SEC teams are strong, because it makes for a fun season.

8. Bamafaninfl

Bamafaninfl Freshman

Re: YOU don't want Bama to be a scapegoat!!!

Well said glenlivet12

9. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

I agree glennlivet12, what hurts one SEC team hurts them all. I like your point of view.

On another note, I still think you will lose to the Tigers Saturday!! ;) :)

10. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Hope not, but we'll leave that to the kids on the field!;)