Travis Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tino03, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

Where will we see Travis Daniels playing next year? After becoming an excellent cover corner, will he stay at corner now that Mario Stevenson is a tiger or will he move back to the safety position?

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

He will stay at Corner. He was so solid this year. He's so absolutely unselfish though, that if he were asked to move, he'd do it in a second

3. JTV

JTV Founding Member

Daniels

He'll stay at corner. His play opposite Webster was critical all year long. Stevenson may get a shot at the nickle. Starting defense 2004: Line: Spears, Kyle Williams, Melvin Oliver, M.Hill. Secondary: Webster, Daniels at CB, J.Daniels at SS, Landry at FS. LB: Turner at Mike, Ken Hollis at Sam, C. Vaughn at Will...We'll also see a lot of Pittman, Daniel Francis, and possibly Marlon Favorite, Glenn Dorsey, Cardell Stewart, Sean Merrill, Brian West, and Ronnie Prude...

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Oliver is too small to play DT. He will continue to rotate in at DE.

Lav's replacement will be Wroten, Carnell Stewart, Brandon Washington, or possibly one of the Frosh. We will most likely see a number of guys rotate though

5. max

max Founding Member

Why do people say Frosh? Does it just mean freshmen? If so, why not say Fresh?

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Thats just the short way of spelling freshman. I dont know why.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He was one of the 2 or 3 best cover guys in the country last season and our defense exploded after we moved him from safety to corner. Leron Landy was incredible at safety in Daniels place. Now let's see, should we move em? Travis wasn't playing safety cause he was inferior at corner, he was plaing safety due to the fact that no one else could play it till Landry got the experience.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Right on cajdav1. Landry and J. Daniels will likely be the starters at S. Steltz and Stevenson will be used for nickel and dime packages. Once Steltz gets some experience, I expect him to start pusing J. Daniels for the starting job.

Remember that Stevenson is JUCO, so he will be ready to step up and play this year. He should be the nickel, at least to start the season.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would guess that Mario will be the nickle corner if he is close to being as good as advertised. But as far as the safeties go I think we'll have to see how all of the redshirt frosh do also. We had a few that didn't get to play last year.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Webster and Daniels were 3rd and 4th (respectively) in passes defensed in Div-I this past season.