Trent Richardson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Mar 31, 2008.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This Rivals 100 RB from Florida has been discussed a little bit in other threads, but I think he deserves his own.

He is visiting for the Spring Game this weekend.

I haven't watched a lot of film of him yet, but from what I've seen he's very fast, gets tough yards and doesn't go down easily, yet has great ability to cut and make people miss in the open.

This is a quote by Richardson, by the way, and just shows what kind of shape our program is in right now.
    "[Coach Henson] told me that he wants me on their football team now. That right there shows me a lot because they just won a national title. That comes from someone I didn't even think that I'd be recruited by."

1 person likes this.
  2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

ESPN's Evaluation

his videos are very impressive and would be a good complement to Ford and Pratt.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

2-3. Istlslsls & I have disagreed about this, as he has insisted throughout that we would take 3, but I've said 2.

With Pratt & Ford already, I think the coaches would be very pleased with finishing like this at RB, but Richardson is a definite take.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I agree with you. I think we take two.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You don't think Richardson is a take?

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I wonder if taking 3 effects Michael Dyer coming to LSU. This is the latest article I found.

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

??? LSU didnt' sign a RB the last two years. There is a pressing need there. Now if LSU signed 3 this year, they definitely couldn't take Dyer and Seastrunk next year however.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've said it before, but there are no guarantees for coming years. I think the coaches address needs on a year by year basis.

That being said, we do lose 2 RBs after next year & Murphy will be a Sr so I think we still take a RB (or 2) next year. At this point, I see no reason to think it won't be Dyer.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Do you think Richardson is a take and Christine Michaels isn't now? I know Richardson passed up Michaels on Rivals ranking, but LSU could care less about rivals. I think both Lacy and Conner are rivals 100 guys and we haven't been pushing them to commit.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we take a 3rd back that is like a Richard Murphy type (scat back, dangerous in the passing game, etc).

At this point getting Michael might do little to diversify the RB class and so general consensus is to just wait and get 2 more in 2010.

I'm not necessarily convinced of that. Michael still might be a take for all we know.