Trev's not the only one eating crow...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TundraTiger, Dec 7, 2003.

1. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

This is an email response from Johnston in Tampa

You are correct. LSU vs. USC would be the game to watch.
    On an ironic note, the only time I saw LSU play live this season was Oct. 11 (Florida 19, LSU 7). Still can't believe that one. I'm eating some crow over picking Georgia, but that's life. I like LSU to beat Oklahoma.
    Joey Johnston, Tampa Tribune.

Subject: You've gotta be kidding me?

Have you seen the Tigers play this year?

If the offense shows up(it shows up often), its over against anyone.

That MSNBC Article you wrote was couthless. Before you start picking what "America wants to see" think twice. Now the crap is all outta whack and the two Conf. Champions should be in the Sugar. No one envisioned the OU loss that badly. It was a poorly coached game on OU's part, and they had the rock pounded on them. I think America no longer wants to see the schooner sooner prowling around the Superdome. They want a classic gladiatorial battle between Tigers and Trojans. The game of the century with all the drama behind it! To the victor goes the spoils...too bad it won't happen, hah!

Later,

Mike

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Don't cry for USC ... had voters wanted USC to go to the Sugar, they'd have pushed OKLA to #5 in the AP/ESPN

3. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

Oh don't get me wrong, I could 2 furks about USC, I was being sarcastic about his article. My only gripe is that OU didn't win their conference. USC should be ranked fourth IMO, SOS is way behind Michigan. Ive said all along Miami of Ohio has a better arguement that USC. Lil Pete can cry all he wants but their fellow conference members let them down. They outright sucked and the only one that was decent (Oregon) they didn't play. Hmmm maybe they should have had a conference Champ game too!