Trey Watkins Injury

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Apr 3, 2010.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Anyone know the severity? When first watching the play, I thought it was either a broken wrist or a dislocated shoulder. LSUSports.net is reporting it as a dislocated elbow. Is that better or worse? What's the best case scenario for this type of injury?

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Dislocated elbow sounds pretty nasty. Hopefully he didn't tear anything else up in there, but would assume he'll be out of action for quite a while with something like that. Maybe the team and Trey will get lucky and the situation's not as bad as it sounds. He's really having a great year and hopefully he's not lost for the season. :LSU231:

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Paper says out 3-4 weeks as the best case scenario.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

ouch. I'm just glad Nola wasn't hurt, too.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not good. glad we didnt lose nola too. and glad ranaudo wasnt really injured when hit by a ball by the second batter.

got a lot of bumps and bruises last night.

1 person likes this.
  6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I was wondering who was paying Georgia to take all our guys out last night. I think we had 3-4 batters hit by pitches, too.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing, and it seemed like they were all in the same place.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

batter's box?

:yelwink2:

1 person likes this.
  9. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Coach said on the post game interview he'd be out possibly 5 weeks! Actually, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I've watched several games that Nola almost collided with someone else. Nola is a great ball player but he needs to realize that he can't make every play & he can't play everybody else's position. We already know he's good, he has nothing to prove! He and Trey came close 2 other times, you know what they say about the 3RD time! It's harder to run backwards or sideways to catch a ball than it is running up!

Get well Trey! Johnny's doing OK in your spot but, he's driving me absolutely nuts when he takes his glove off & holds it in his right hand until just before time for the play!

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Nola made the catch. He is a monster and everyone just needs to stay out of his way :)