Trojans/Hokies

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Aug 23, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Anybody think the Hokies stand a chance of making a game out of this? I think Va. Tech gets steamrolled Auburn style. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I for one do. Watch that USC offense sputter with no experience at O-line and untested wideouts, minus Mike Williams of course.

Their defense better show up or they will lose.

3. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Not This Year

Sorry, but if the troyboys were playing a better tema, then I might give the jokies a chance, but they are on their way down. I have them as a middle of the road ACC team at best this season.

The troyboys will win going away and the talk of 'greatest team in history' will begin shortly thereafter. That talk will continue until they meet up with a certain team from the bayou led by a certain coach....SABAN.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The bad thing is that VaTech has been getting along on rep alone for three years now...USC will get the juice from whupping up on a team that isn't worth the hype...

They'll talk smack about that coach with the ass-skin grafted onto his neck and how he jumped into a burning house and how he's such a great guy for staying in Blacksburg and what great special teams they play...

Then they'll fail to mention how short of recruiting the best player in the NFL currently (Who wasn't even all-district in HS in Newport News, with Ronald Curry of UNC taking that honor. Don't tout his recruiting, because he had no clue...), this guy does nothing but tank come crunch time...

They'll fail to mention it until later on, and USC gets its run from a win over a once again overhyped opponent...

5. mrbayoublu

mrbayoublu Founding Member

USC 17 point favorite over VA Tech

In a one game take'em all, I think Frank Beamer might give these Trojans something to think about. Sure, it could be a blow out, but I don't feel it will be. Is the 17 point spread too strong? I'm not a gambler, just a guesser, and 17 points seems stiff to me.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Beamer and his program, have been impostors at the throne of collegiate football's elite for a while now...Being in the Big Least allowed them to cover it up like a wife and victim of domestic violence putting on extra base after the ole man comes home likkered up on the sauce...

They had ONE good season. ONE. Michael Vick was the reason...Case closed.

7. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Just remember, Va Tech has lost it's starting QB (Vick) for the season. USC has lost a good RB, good Reciever, and many other key players. Makes for an interesting game. Go Hokies!

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am not convinced Vick was even going to be their starter anyway.

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Being the first game of the year I think this will be a competitive game because USC has some question marks on offense and it will probably take them time to get it in gear. I think they lost both starting wideouts and 3 starting offensive lineman.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nah, the 5th yr senior randall (not ours)...has the experience and the team's confidence.