Two New Bowl Games -- Others Changed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Apr 30, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The Big East has more tie-ins than the Pac-10. You may want to get a new commish, unless you love your Fox Sports contract.

Best thing that bowl has done in decades.

Great location and a fabulous stadium...

How did the inept city of Bham trick so many people?

Story

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i read a couple of months ago that there were three new bowls being proposed. i remembered those two tho to save my life i cant rember the third proposal.

i havent read the article so if its in there, i just dont know it. yet.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Salt Lake I believe.

4. TrojanMan

TrojanMan Founding Member

So Basically ALL Of The Big East Is Going To A Bowl Next Season Except One Team?????:huh:

So A 4-8 Big East Team Will Still Get In A Bowl Game As Long As They Arent Last In The Conference????:insane: Please (Mike Gundy) Tell Me That Ain't True....

If That's The Case Just Do Away With All The Bowl Games Then Because They Mean Nothing Anymore....Half the NCAA Already Goes To A Postseason Game As It Is....

:cool:

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Nope. All teams will still be required to have the six mandatory wins in order to play in a bowl. If the Little Least doesn't have enough teams that qualify, then some other team will get their bowl berth.

The bowl games have never meant anything really. This is why we have bowl games.........

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm glad they nipped that playoff thing in the bud. They've really got their hand on the pulse of their audience. Or is it around the throat of the audience?

7. TrojanMan

TrojanMan Founding Member

Aw Okay...

:eek:I Thought All SEC Fans Wanted A Playoff System....I Know What I Heard About A 4 Team PO System Yesterday Sounded Awful Tho...

8. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

Sarcasm.

We really need a sarcasm icon :grin::grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

What we really need is a bracket system similar to basketball, where 64 teams play head-2-head until there's only 2 left. That way, the season can go into Feb or March, then right into the spring game.

And the national champs, after failing out of school and recovering from knee/shoulder/ligament surgeries, can fly to DC to meet with the Prez while the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Wait. How will we decide which 64 teams get in?

I KNOW! We have a series of bowl games, pitting all 119 (plus the best 9 Div 1AA teams), so we clearly will know who should get into the tourney.

:grin: