U.S. credit rating outlook lowered by S&P

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 18, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You should get out more. :yelwink2:

It's 10 years, dude! And you missed out on it.

Diversity and real profits, my man. Gold has made me money. Period. And it makes me money when the market is down.

Do you mean that you have every penny in the market. No non-market investments at all? Gold really isn't all that risky, man. It will never be worth nothing, like a stock or a bond can do. It's hard to see it dropping under 1,000 ever again with demand up and a finite supply existing. Gold does not have to be a buy-and-hold forever asset and your thinking is based entirely on that. I have some buy and hold investments, but most of them I buy and sell from time to time as they get stronger or weaker. I take profits regularly and I buy regularly.

How much do you think I listen to Hannity or Limbaugh? Seriously. :lol:

Amigo, I've been investing for a long time and I've done very well with it. I'm broadly invested and I don't buy Ponzis, get-rich-quick, and other scams. Yes, there are some gold scams out there, too. I am not fool enough to pay attention to them. I have sufficient guaranteed income streams for retirement. I don't have to hit home runs with my portfolio to meet retirement goals, I just need to keep slapping out base hits.

But there are a lot of serious gold investors and have been forever. It is disingenuous not to realize this. There are profits to be made or not to be made. Suit yourself, of course. Everybody has his own likes and dislikes. I don't buy on margin and I don't play in futures. Maybe you got burned in gold, I don't know. But I have not.