U.S. to release 30 million barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Jun 23, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

GDP is how we measure the phucking economy. You can't say the economy is "spiralling downward" because the heat has killed all our tomatoes.

2. red55

What? If the tax cuts affected it, why did the GDP collapse with them in full force? No, the recovery began when the stimulus money hit the street. The stimulus worked as planned and the numbers show it.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Leaf blight is what killed the tomatoes. Obama is killing the economy. The two are not connected.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Spending is 24% of GDP and increasing at an alarming rate. The nation is producing while the debt increases. Unemployment is up. Housing is down. The net result is a stagnant economy. Sugarcoat all you want but it's gotten worse under Obama and there are NO signs of any improvement.

5. red55

Unemployment is high but jobs are being added every month, the job decline of the late Bush administration is reversed and slowly rising. The GDP reversed its losses and is rising also, so the economy is not declining. the comeback is slow but we are coming back from the recession that Obama inherited.

Spending is high, but the expensive wars and the bailouts are not on Obama. Spending is really the only thing you complain about that is an actual fact.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I can also complain about the increased regulation that is suppressing business growth. And i can complain about bypassing established bankruptcy laws and knifing the GM investors in the back. And I can complain the legislative whoring used to give Washington control of the health care industry. And i can complain about the stupid - moronically stupid - idea to kick the gulf offshore industry in the teeth when it was down after the oil spill.

And I can wonder about a strategy of insulting the intelligence and integrity of the opposition and then whining about them not being by partisan. I guess he thought he would always have filibuster proof majorities in both houses so he didn’t need to reach across the aisle.

Obama inherited a bad hand, no argument there. But most of his current problems are self inflicted wounds from either what he has done or what he has failed to do. The bottom line is that his leadership qualities are below average.

7. SabanFan

...ad infinitum. Right out of the MSNBC playbook.

8. red55

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Get used to hearing it, he's about to run another campaign for President running against George Bush.

10. SabanFan

No problemo. 'Pubs get to run against Obummer.