UCLA's winning formula...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Apr 2, 2006.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Foul.. and foul often...

LSU shot 46.4% from the freethrow line. they were 13 of 28.
    Add these up... LSU attempted 50 fieldgoals, UCLA 51.
    LSU shot 28 freethrows, UCLA 17.
    The point is that UCLA negated LSU's scoring ability by putting them on the line. Why give up an easy layup? When you can send Davis or Thomas to the line and watch them brick 1 or 2 freethrows? When you have a bench as deep as UCLA's you can do that. Also factor in that Davis was being hacked all game and rarely were the fouls called. He definately has Shaq-itis when it comes to hangers-on under the rim.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Actually, Brady said he made a point of getting the team to the line, especially in the second half. This has worked well all season long. Oh well. :/

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

then brady has confirmed that he is a f*cking moron who needs to go coach at the Minnesota State School of Dentistry..

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Why? Explain. He said they coudl nto convert from the floor so they tried to go inside and draw fouls to get the easy shots - free throws.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The Tigers had been shooting above 70% for the tourney. They tanked in this game but I can see why Brady would want them at the line. He assumed the percentage would stay up there.