UNC Game Will Set The Tone For Our Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, May 20, 2010.

1. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

Good team to start with given that their strength is defense and supposedly have five high draft picks this season on it. Our offense will be one of the keys to our success this season after the past two years being, quite frankly, terrible. Going up against what's supposed to be a strong defense early on will only help us in terms of seeing improvement in our offense. Personally, this game reminds me a lot of Bama-Clemson a few years ago. Everyone remember that Clemson was actually the favorite going into that one? Final scare was 34-10 Bama. I could easily see us whooping up on UNC the same way we did against GT in The Dome a couple years ago. Either way, I expect us to win.

:geaux:

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I really have a feeling that LSU will be ready for that game because it will set the tone for the rest of the season. Being the first game gives the staff and players a lot of time to prepare. I'm really glad we don't play UNC after Florida or Bama.

How we play Vandy and Miss State after that will be very telling as well...then comes the West Virginia game which will tell us a lot about the coaching staff and Miles' future.

Even if we beat Vandy and Miss State, but have an inconsistent offense, we're in trouble. But if our offense get's stronger and Jefferson shows development, we could have a special season.

You're right Island Tiger, All eyes will be on the first several games...especially after the way LSU played the last two seasons.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Good posts and very true. If we start off the season hot, winning our first 4 this could be a very special season. Having to go up against 2 strong OOC opponents and 2 SEC teams early is a good SOS to set the tone.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Opening on the road is never a sure thing. We won on the road in the rain last year and some people were disappointed that there was no blowout.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Rain makes things wet.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think UNC's D is gonna prove to be the deciding factor in this game and they win a close won probably by a FG.

If this game was in BR I would say it would be a slam dunk in LSU favor but I got a bad feeling about this game and about this season!

But I do think you are right this game will set the tempo for the season and a lose in the 1st game to UNC will be the tempo setter to a 6 -6 season

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as I hate negativity I can't completely disagree with these statements. As much as I believe we will start the season off strong, it is just as easy to see us start 2-2.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Not sure I agree that if we lose the first game, we'll lose 5 more. But I do agree that losing the first game of the season will be a hard hump to get over for the team and fans alike, should it happen.

9. TigerBoy02

TigerBoy02 Freshman

I am so sick of all you so called Tiger fans and all the bashing and negativity! You people forget that we had Bama beat in the 4th quarter in Bama and yeah bad call at the end of the game vs. Ole Miss. Dont get me started on Penn St. and that field we play them again and we win 9 out of 10 times! Cant wait to see what all you haters are posting once this O hits on all celinders! 6-6 give me a break! Watch and learn doubters!

1 person likes this.
  10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

lesson one, noob. calling out others on the first post is not a good way to start. i dont agree with crip, but if people are still feeling pessimistic after last season, that is their right. the only time that attitude gets jumped is when it is a troll or someone who does NOTHING but run down the team, ever.

you might want to be a bit more civil in future posts. this is a forum for grown up conversation. just a suggestion.