Unconfirmed rumor: Powe to sign with Ole Miss

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 23, 2005.

1. max

max Founding Member

I don't know the reliability of the source, so ignore this if you don't like unsubstaniated rumors.

Supposedly, Horton said that Powe told him this weekend that he was going to sign with Ole Miss too.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

His commitment doesn't mean much right now if he's going to JUCO. He'll have another year or two to change his mind. I'm just glad he pulled out an LSU hat at the All-star game and gave us some publicity.

I think he suddenly changed his mind against Auburn right before the game but had been set to announce so he made a hasty decision and said LSU. It remains to be seen whether he will stick with LSU or not.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I have a question about guys in his position. If he does commit to LSU on signing day but indeed has to go the junior college route for a year or two, is he still required to go to LSU after JC?

4. philter

philter Founding Member

No, he is 'fair game' when his 2 year stint runs out. He won't cost us a ship if he doesn't qualify though. I wish he had the grades/scores, but it looks like there is no way at this point. Hopefully in 2 years he is still open minded about LSU.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't see anything about this on tigerbait...Max, where did you hear this?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No, the recruitment process starts all over for him just like it did for Brandon Jacobs.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I have heard JUCO all the way with him as well

Does not bode well, IMO

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's really not a bad thing once you step back and look at it. We have limited scholarships and if he doesn't qualify he will not use one. Miles should know how close this kid is to qualifying and can over sign if he knows he can't make it. It also gives us pole position in recruiting a kid(after JUCO) that is considered the #1 DT in the nation. If he qualifies we get the #1 DT, if he doesn't we have our foot in the door for him and have not burned a scholly. A no lose situation for a coach with no DC and such a late start in recruiting if you ask me. JMHO

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Alabama would be in severe troble in the future if every guy that signed had to play at your school in the future with the amount of players they are oversigning these days.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That wouldn't be the first time Bama was in trouble... :hihi: