Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Untold History of the United States

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 19, 2012.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I've never seen Oliver Stones movie, his head clearly goes back left, combine your skills of presumption and being stupid....and well there's your post right there.
  2. martin

martin Banned Forever

What you are saying isnt true. Bullet hits him, held blows out front moves foward. Afterwards he slumps back, but really why does it matter what happens after.

You are asserting untruths in the form af an unanswered question, like all conspiracy theorists.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon

In fact it is very complicated.

High-velocity rounds cause different effects depending on the density of the target and how much velocity was remaining in the round. It was short range so the velocity was very high. If you shoot a bowling ball on a wall the bullet will impact and lodge in the target causing it to tumble forward. But if you shoot a soft object like a pumpkin the bullet will go through and through and the pumpkin will explode in all directions.

In the case of a head shot with a hard skull filled with soft brain matter the bullet will mushroom and tumble on penetrating the skull and will disintegrate hitting the skull again from the inside through a much larger exit wound. This produces a "jet-effect" of the brain matter exploding forward through the exit wound pushing the head back. Tests on cadavers and animal skulls have shown that they will tumble backwards in similar shots.

Moreover, a shot from the grassy knoll would have penetrated Kennedy's skull and made an exit wound where one did not exist on the autopsy photos. It would also have hit Jackie.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

Seems easiest to assume that Kennedy was shocked and he straightened his legs a bit, pushing his body backwards. Of note is that the backward motion is after the bullet impact, and doesn't really need explanation.
  6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I read "JFK The Last Dissenting Witness" in college and I have seen the Zupruder film online....I was about 9 or 10 when JFK came out, but I will watch it, perhaps this weekend.

Martin, take note, that's quality research right there above!

I have to say Mr. Red, very convincing stuff. My opinion was/is based off Jean Hills account in the book along with my logical deductions of basic physics I mentioned prior, however you make very good points....thanks. :)
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How convenient.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

the stone stuff is ok but i dont trust him at all.

wish someone would make a series about zinn's work
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You are going to get labeled a communist here for even mentioning Howard Zinn. This Stone Series is really interesting, then again, I'm interested in any series that paints, Reagan, Bush, Bush, Rummsfeld, Cheney etc etc as the criminals, liars, murderers, and frauds they were.
  10. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

just because he was a communist doesnt mean he cant write a good book. he brought to light many important events swept under the rug.

i'll watch more of the stone series based on your recommendation.