Update on La. high school basketball prospects

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BasileTiger, Mar 4, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Just wanted to update you guys on some Louisiana talent.

Shan Foster - 6'6" 175lb. small forward of Bonnabel High School is a Vanderbilt commitment. He is the 16th ranked small forward according to Rivals.com.

David Gomez - 6'7" 210lb. power forward of Episcopal High School is a Tulane commitment. He is the 46th ranked power forward according to Rivals.com.

Also, was checking out junior guard Matthew Barrow, a 6'3" 175lb. shooter from Southern Lab. Lab looks as if they will win the Class A basketball title again and Barrow is the top player on that team. He is one of the top guards in the state and his list of schools is Cincinatti, LSU, Memphis, Miami, Miss. State, St. John's, and Southern.

With Tasmin Mitchell almost a lock for next year, Matthew would be a great addition to our team. He is a big guard, which I think we could use.

Has anyone seen Matthew play. I'll check him out at the Top 28 in Lafayette and post more after I see him play.

2. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I havent seen him play this year but I saw him when he was younger at Lab and also when he transferred to Central. He is a very good player with some excellent genes. His Dad and Uncle were very good players.

3. BasileTiger

Barrow?

Is Matthew Barrow now playing at Central?

4. BasileTiger

Looks like he's at Southern Lab

Just saw in the advocate that hey hit 5 - 3 pointers against Phoenix in the regional round of the playoffs.

5. MALONE121212

Yeah he transferred back to Lab when to Central for I think 2 years. I think his 9th and 10th grade years were at Central. Then he transferred back to Lab for JR. and SR. years.

6. MALONE121212

Basile Tiger--- I have yet to see Peabody play but they are supposed to be real good. Have you seen them play???

7. BasileTiger

Haven't seen them play

I haven't seen them play, but I'm thinking really hard about traveling to Lake Charles on Friday night to see them play against LaGrange High School.

As you know Peabody is a magnet school in Alexandria, Louisiana. Year in and year out they are very tough.

I don't think they have a loss this year.

I think they are very fundamental there. You never hear about players they have being at the top of Louisiana talent.

I do know that Reggie Rambo, who played at Peabody is a member of the Alabama basketball team.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

It would be nice to have a guard with some height and I hope
    Brady at least attempted to go after some of those other players.

Like in Football, we need to find a way to keep some of these kids
    home, playing for LSU.

9. MALONE121212

When I was in HS 5 or 6 years ago we played against Peabody they had a kid i think Haywood that passed away when he went to college in practice. I think we went to unc willmington.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I would agree with that. Sometimes when Mitchell and Minor are on the floor at the same time it seems like there is a favorable matchup for the opposing guards if they had a post game. Even Whipple could be considered a little short. But hopefully the addition of 6'5" PG Garrett Temple will help next year.