USC fans, don't make the cut...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger_will, Nov 21, 2005.

1. tiger_will

tiger_will Founding Member

2. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

A large portion of that article fits alot of LSU fans to a T.
    Overblown expectations, spoiled rotten by a Nat. Championship, the crowd not cheering the entire game and so on.

It's pretty obvious the author really doesn't have much first hand SEC game experience. The LSU crowd is the loudest in the land and ALSO quickly quieted. Fans that actually attend games know what I speak of is true. The crowd gets crazy but quiets down quickly too when things don't go the Tigers way. Thats not a knock on LSU fans, it's just a fact of life. No big deal becasue the crowd will come back to life when the tide starts to turn. If it doesn't turn the crowd mostly stays quiet comapred to how it started.

This has been said before but I say it again. What I find funny is how USC is so deep in the heads of alot of LSU fans. All it took was for USC to claim part of our title and now LSU fan is nuts over any and all USC attention givem by the different media's. The obsession is uite funny and sad really.

Some days it seems there are as many threads on LSU boards about USC getting attention as there are about LSU. Then there are the threads about the media bias and the go vote for LSU in this poll threads. Polls that don't mean ****, especially when folks go and vote over and over again to skew the outcome.

The most laughable and telling thing is how some/alot/most only give an article or writer credibility IF the article is pro LSU. Otherwise the author and his work are ****.

I guess it's just a sign of the times and what we have evolved into as a society. A little taste of success and the LSU fan has turned into one that thinks they know better than coaches, one that won't accept anything less than perfection and one that is down right embarrassing at times.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

LSU fans are not as easily quieted as they were in the past. Remember the Georgia game in '03? After UGA scored on a 93 yard screen pass late in the 4th quarter, the crowd went absolutely nuts. There's no other stadium in America where the home team would get a deafening ovation and chants of "LSU,LSU, LSU" AFTER giving up a long TD. That would deflate 98% of the crowds in the NCAA. This would not have happened in the past at LSU, That is also when I seriously began to think something special was happening.

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

Today, while taking care of a officer with a back spasm, we started talking about football (he's 24, and a notre dame fan)

the NC from 2003 came up, and I used the words "you know, the one LSU won"

he said "you mean shared"

I responded with : "they made two crystal footballs that year?"

:rofl:

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Classic. The halftime guys for the USC - Fresno game ignorantly pointed to the replica in their studio and talked about USC going for their 3rd straight. That was my though exactly.