USC Fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jan 30, 2004.

1. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Anyone else wonder why no USC fans have invaded our board yet? I would have thought that by now there would be some smack talkers here trying to rain on our parade.

Have they realized that their paper trophy really does mean nothing and have just given up the fight?

2. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

The fact is, there are very few who really give a damn about USC football, or at least care enough to post on our board.

Did you hear how many showed up for their celebration?

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

one came by last week, posted a very negative post, and was promptly dealt with by our awesome moderators. A couple of us Tiger fans got our say before the thread was removed.

4. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I remember that looser. I think he has been the only usc fan to come here so far. The thing about USC is they are bandwagon fans. Well in their case they win and they still have terrible fan support. A good home game for them, and I mean good one draws about 60,000 in a 90,000 seat stadium.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

And besides, like the rest of the PAC-10 football fans (except UW, OSU, & Cal), they tend to sit on their hands during games.

Isn't there somewhere else more important for us to be at besides a football game, Buffy?

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

6. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

We went to L.A. 2 years ago

and saw USC beat Oregon St. 22-0 in the horrible L.A. Coliseum. Both teams IMO looked like crap but most of all, the USC fans were something to watch. First of all, they aren't fans at all. It maybe had 45,000 fans at the game and I will bet my house to a boiled peanut that 40,000 of them were illegal and driving a car that bounces, if ya know what I mean.

In other words, there weren't any "Buffy's" at USC. That's UCLA. USC is in the hood and so are their fans.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I don't know, I hear USC has its fair share of rich kids and preps...

8. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

May be true........

But they weren't at the Coliseum I can tell you that. They had hotdogs for sell OK, but almost all of the food was mexican food. They had some kind of roasted ears of corn that these Meximelts were going crazy for. Chickens running out onto the field......I think behind the USC bench they had a junked, immovable 67 Camaro.

OK, not that bad but I swear it was like watching a football game in Mexico City so for anybody to say that the stadium is filled with blue bloods has never been to a USC game.

And UCLA plays in the Rose Bowl......USC plays in the junked out Coliseum. You tell me which one has money and which one doesn't.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

When the second largest media market in the country can't even
    support an NFL team, why would anyone think they'd support
    a college football team?

SoCal sports fans usually live up to their stereotype...the kind
    that shows up in the second inning of Game Seven of the World Series at Dodger Stadium, and then leaves in the seventh...even
    if the game is a tight one.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

TigerRag.com has been inundated with USC posters since the first week in December--you know, about the time they figured out that they weren't a lock for the Sugar Bowl.

Only this past week have they stopped coming around. You guys on here would've loved it. They were negative about everything LSU, SEC, Southern, and/or Louisiana, in general.

A typical comeback was, "Oh, yeah! Well, at least I don't live in a trailer and marry my sister!"

They would get really upset when anyone from LSU (or OU, for that matter) would say anything along the lines of, "At least if we buy a house for $500,000, it's a mansion, not a two-bedroom, one-bath shack in the bario."